QP Sport GT S

Ebenezer

What's different about the 2007 Duo Select to earlier years that allows it to have less frequent services?
Eb

Andyk

So it has been mentioned that this cars history is not great yet with the miles it should have 5 services which it has....? ...... Confused......Every two years would mean 4 services but I guess the extra miles means every 12k.

rockits

What's different about the 2007 Duo Select to earlier years that allows it to have less frequent services?
Eb
I wondered that. What makes a 2007 on DS or ZF for that matter only need 2 year or 12.5k miles compared to earlier pre 2007 DS cars?

Also what was the mileage interval on annual pre 2007 cars? Same 12.5k miles?

rockits

Apparently for earlier cars the first mileage service is 6000 miles then every 12000 miles or annually for low mileage users. Not 100% sure what that means though. Not the best description.

wyjebanyarmando

Guys, a question I can find an answer to anywhere!

I'm looking to possibly buy a QP for personal summer use, however most of the models I come across come with DS gearbox, which would you recommend to buy and why?

Is DuoSelect better than ZF?
or otherway round?

I'd appreciate the reponse!!

Andyk

DS is a great car and the only gearbox available until 2007 I believe. It does take some getting used to and is old school so not as smooth as the modern twin clutch ones but it does give the car a sporting edge that the competition didn't have.

When the Auto came along the press said it was the gearbox that should that the QP should have had from day one but the press never really got on with the DS but a that's because a short test drive or road test doesn't give you time to get used to or enjoy it.

DS has an auto mode but no one uses it as its not great so most will always use the paddles. Both boxes have their merit and thinly way to decide which is for you is get out and drive a mixture of cars. One thing is for sure what ever you decide you will have one of the best Looking and sportiest. Big saloon money can buy.

Mr K

Guys, a question I can find an answer to anywhere!

I'm looking to possibly buy a QP for personal summer use, however most of the models I come across come with DS gearbox, which would you recommend to buy and why?

Is DuoSelect better than ZF?
or otherway round?

I'd appreciate the reponse!!

I reckon this warrants a new thread of its own...