Assetto Corsa Winter Works

urquattrogus

Well, now it's approaching winter time I have decided to throw myself headfirst into doing a few jobs on my car.

Nearly all don't need doing urgently, but I feel the car deserves it.

List so far:

• Replace Cabin Filter & Sealng Gasket (Done - not as quick as you would expect!)
  • Take Dashboard top to the trimmers to sort a small ripple out (in progress, dropped it off at a lovely local place and drooled at a gleaming DB5 they had in at the moment) Done
  • Replace All Coolant Hoses with Roose Hose Kit (chose OEM black style so that it looks original) Done
  • Check Vacuum Hoses using Mityvac and Replace as necessary Done
  • Renew some hose clips (i've bougt a job lot of Mikalor pinch/crimp clips so it looks OEM) Otherwise I will use Stainless JC clips. Done
  • Replace Knock sensors whilst in there. Done
  • Replace Cam and Crank Sensors (probably not necessary!) Done
  • Send Injectors to be tested and cleaned & renew sealing rings etc (suscpect they may be creating a small vacuum leak, o rings look dried up) Done & refurbed
  • Paint Subframes using three stage POR 15 process Done
  • Replace Turbo to sump hoses with Roose Items, again in OEM black Done
  • Replace Perished Rubber injector connector boots etc and renew loom tape in a couple of places Done
  • Consider fitting a new starter motor whilst in there Done

That's enough to be getting on with!

First bit of fun was getting the inlet manifold off.

Four of the allen headed bolts were FT and had rounded off heads. 3 were extracted by using a torx bit, but the last one had to be carefully drilled out!

Attachments

• IMG_20161001_1542261.jpg
    IMG_20161001_1542261.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 149

Trev Latter

Sounds similar to the work I did on mine earlier this year. I just replaced all of the bolts with new and used lots of anti seize where appropriate. Careful with the hoses to the thermostat housing as it's quite tricky to get all three on and correctly aligned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redsonnylee

That's a good list for the winter, starter motor is a good move this as they just go, this is on my list for Decembers mot.

allandwf

A bit like mine also.
1. Attend to rear arch rust, and small blister on bottom of door.
2. Small area of lacquer peel on rear bumper.
3. Remove and replace scratched headlights.
4. Remove flies from rear window.
5. Replace injector boots.
6. Replace power steering reservoir bracket. (Abandoned!)
7. Replace wheel bolts.
Mine are mostly cosmetics.

Mott The Hoople

Wow! There's hose kit? What a godsend, 3200 hoses are hard to find. I'm struggling to locate a tiny coolant leak at the moment so a total replacement looks a good way to go. Is there a clear date when the crossover from series 1 hoses to series 2 happened?
Steve.

highlander

Truly envious of those who have the skill to do lists like these to keep costs down. I can manage cosmetic stuff and know where to put oil in but that is about the breadth of my mechanical ability :jptongue:

Contigo

Sponsor
Wow! There's hose kit? What a godsend, 3200 hoses are hard to find. I'm struggling to locate a tiny coolant leak at the moment so a total replacement looks a good way to go. Is there a clear date when the crossover from series 1 hoses to series 2 happened?
Steve.

Roose Sport do a coolant hose and boost hose kit, lots of colours, branded/unbranded, make sure you go as Gus did and get the black so as to not make it look like a Max power car.

https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/maserati-3200gt-coolant-hose-kit.html
https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/maserati-3200gt-boost-hose-kit-586.html

check ebay too as sometimes it is cheaper to buy from their outlet on there.

urquattrogus

Picked up the dashboard top from County Coachtrimmers today. (http://www.countycoachtrimmers.co.uk)

They sorted out the usual dash top ripple nicely, the foam was also rippled, so they seem to have done a nice job. lovely people to deal with.

Turns out they do nearly all the trimming for JD classics.

Cost was £144 which seems fair enough.

IMG_20161005_1802218.jpg

IMG_20161005_1804359.jpg

allandwf

Looks very good. Out of interest what colour stitching do you have there? I've seen ACs with red, black, and blue.

urquattrogus

What looks to me as signs of a very very slight coolant leak, glad I am renewing the hoses, or maybe it's just a sign of past coolant change etc

The coolant level has never dropped that I since I've had the car.

You expect some crud in the V but it looks like crystallised coolant along with oxidised aluminum.

One of the hoses has a very slight weep by the looks of it.

IMG_20161006_1223061.jpgIMG_20161006_1229196.jpg

urquattrogus

And around the thermostat:

IMG_20161006_1954196.jpg

So if you have a 3200 with original coolant hoses, chances are they need replacing.

Probably good to replace the thermostat too, it might be the housing weeping. The hoses are weeping where the fabric juts out. Will see what the T stat looks like when I take it out and will probably give it the kettle test too.

redsonnylee

I had a similar experience and also replaced every hose plus the clips. Think they were orignals on mine. That's a good shout on the thermostat from a preventative maintenance regime.

Contigo

Sponsor
Got that job to do next week, starter motor, knock sensors, oil/filter change and coolant hoses.

urquattrogus

Do you think it's worth taking off and re sealing the 4 right angled coolant stubs (where the 4 short hoses connect to the cylinder head) ?

It doesn't appear to be leaking, but the parts diagram shows they have an o ring inside. I have ordered the o-rings for what it's worth, but I have a funny feeling that the Allen bolts will be near seized!

On another note, injectors have been ultrasonically cleaned, spray tested and re-calibrated, seals renewed etc. All done FOC by a well recognised company we use a lot at work. Nice to feel like I have saved some money for once!!!

IMG_20161011_1036010.jpg

Apparently the spray pattern was not very good and certainly not uniform before the re-work, hopefully it should make an app-reachable difference.