4.3 QP with 4.7 engine

rockits

Ah that one. I saw that and wondered why it was pretty good value.

Is it only 4.2's that suffer from variator issues or the 4.7's as well?

Wack61

You would hope anyone going to the trouble to swap a 4.2 for a 4.7 would have addressed the variator issue prior to fitting it, especially as I'm pretty sure I read the last time it was for sale the swap was due to a failed 4.2

Jkulin

If that is the same car I saw (Link not showing anything) black with wine coloured interior, then the owner blew the original engine up and F1 Performance advised him to go 4.7 instead of GT, honest car but wasn't for me.

Andyk

If that is the same car I saw (Link not showing anything) black with wine coloured interior, then the owner blew the original engine up and F1 Performance advised him to go 4.7 instead of GT, honest car but wasn't for me.

Yes John, same car...it was pretty good from what I remember with a little TLC. It was more money back then. At around 20k it was an interesting prospect.

rockits

I was tempted but couldn't get passed the interior. I like Marmite but didn't like that interior.

SPX

Thanks Dean, should be ready to buy in about two weeks or so and I'm getting very itchy feet!