BiTurbo fuel filters

Wally

Check Bosch 0 450 905 021 if iT is the version without seam. Please Google For pictures before you order....

Last edited:

Needamaser

Thanks Wally. Will check that out and report back. Been without access to wifi for a few days and not back home yet to check progress on car while I have been away.
From your avatar photo I guess I am a bit further North! Inverness area...roughly.

Needamaser

Check Bosch 0 450 905 021 if iT is the version without seam. Please Google For pictures before you order....

Hi Wally,
Spoke to garage today and the number you quoted is the filter I have already.
The Eurospares part number 319220125 is the filter I am looking for.
Problem is the inlet and outlet are odd sizes so they are now sending filter off to motor factor to see if they can match. They suspect it is probably a Citroen or similar.

Needamaser

"New" part number is 319253125 which superseded other one.
Eurospares now have in stock at £40 plus vat but on Ebay in States for about $18 but shipping costs are high.
Still looking for alternatives but this is the part in question.
https://www.maseratinet.com/ps-20437-32-fuel-filter-pre-pump.aspx
The inlet diameter is the problem as it is about 14mm. Would rather get the correct size than sleeve it down somehow.
Good news is tank is clean and almost free of rust. Been flushed several times and likely candidate is the filter being choked with this silt from the fuel as there was a fair bit in the tank before it was drained.
Other filters turned up ok so wont take long to reassemble once we get the missing filter.

Needamaser

Filter update.
Garage tell me the o/d was 12mm and they have sourced a filter from Motorsports company which can be opened and cleaned out rather than throwing away at service time (not that the one on the car has been changed in many a long year) and delivered to them today for £13.
They are about to fit but seems a much better option than Eurospares at £50!
If anyone needs the company that supplied I will post a link.
Given the state of the old filters I will be checking at every service now for all the time it takes.

highlander

good news stewart, fingers crossed it sorts the problem for the old girl..............just in time to drive her into the garage for winter :)

Needamaser

Yep! But 4200 going to PK next week for its annual service so hoping salt stays off the road until after that!