BiTurbo fuel filters

Needamaser

Any idea if fuel filters from other than Eurospares will fit?
One is not available I am informed but would guess they must be common with something else.
Urgent advices appreciated as car is dead on the ramp at the moment. Many thanks.

CatmanV2

Any idea if fuel filters from other than Eurospares will fit?
One is not available I am informed but would guess they must be common with something else.
Urgent advices appreciated as car is dead on the ramp at the moment. Many thanks.

Is it in tank? Just put a generic one in a line?

C

CatmanV2

Thanks C,

Can source one of them and other is inline but apparently an odd pipe size. Bound to be a part from something more common.

Yes, totally. Get to a motor factor. Most fuel line is going to be a small range of standard sizes.

C

Needamaser

Sourced an original NOS for the filter beside the pump. Half the price of Eurospares.
That filter was pretty choked and long overdue being replaced. Planning replacing the other one and check the state of the tank itself. If need be I will get it flushed out. No point choking new filters with existing crud.
Non working reversing lights is a broken switch on the gearbox so now trying to locate a replacement.
Headlights realigned so hopefully I might see the road at night instead of nesting crows in the trees!
Previous owner could never have driven at night.
Electric window runners lubed which has helped speed of operation.
Working through the various jobs to get her as good as possible.

chad5k1

Sourced an original NOS for the filter beside the pump. Half the price of Eurospares.
That filter was pretty choked and long overdue being replaced. Planning replacing the other one and check the state of the tank itself. If need be I will get it flushed out. No point choking new filters with existing crud.
Non working reversing lights is a broken switch on the gearbox so now trying to locate a replacement.
Headlights realigned so hopefully I might see the road at night instead of nesting crows in the trees!
Previous owner could never have driven at night.
Electric window runners lubed which has helped speed of operation.
Working through the various jobs to get her as good as possible.

Excellent, can you share the part, including the OE part number - so that we can see what models it is a suitable replacement for?
Sounds like a job I need to do.

Needamaser

Needamaser

Excellent, can you share the part, including the OE part number - so that we can see what models it is a suitable replacement for?

Link I sent is part number 319220141.

Filter from tank which ES don't stock at the moment is 319220125

Seems to fit quite a few of the Biturbos.
Parts on Ebay suggesting aftermarket ones might fit as well. If you search on Weber Fuel Filter you will see a selection.

Needamaser

Here is a company in UK manufacturing some Weber components like the 2 kinds of fuel filters (FI01/1 and FI02/2) used in the Biturbos: http://www.webcon.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=687&cat=Fuel+Filters

Both have replacement see http://www.yoyopart.com/oem/7773604/weber-fi011.html and http://www.yoyopart.com/oem/7773607/weber-fi022.html
Many thanks,

Have ordered the F1-02/2 part for £23 from Ebay.
Is the F1-01 filter the other one that comes out of the tank do you know?

Needamaser

Update.
Hose taken off the tank and it is full of a black silt.
I know exactly what this is as I had exactly the same on a bike I bought which had stood for over 15 years.
It is the "residue" of the unleaded fuel which ends up like very fine black sand and smells disgusting.
Vehicles left standing will find this over time. Taking tank off to flush it out now. Good news is tank itself seems pretty solid.

highlander

Update.
Hose taken off the tank and it is full of a black silt.
I know exactly what this is as I had exactly the same on a bike I bought which had stood for over 15 years.
It is the "residue" of the unleaded fuel which ends up like very fine black sand and smells disgusting.
Vehicles left standing will find this over time. Taking tank off to flush it out now. Good news is tank itself seems pretty solid.
Good news mate. I reckon when you clean this out your "cornering" problem will disappear. As I said to you, had this with. A mk3 cortina but once flushed it never came back.

Needamaser

Good news mate. I reckon when you clean this out your "cornering" problem will disappear. As I said to you, had this with. A mk3 cortina but once flushed it never came back.

Hope between a flush out and new filters it will sort this. Nothing on the car has been a major problem but just silly stuff which could have been easily remedied at a service. Maybe because it was hardly used it was a case of living with it or maybe even not realising there were any issues. I don't mind sorting all this stuff out. Car is so solid it is worth doing and will make using her that much more enjoyable. Almost a relief it is old school compared to 3200 onwards as competent garage can easily handle most jobs on her. Saves a 400 mile round trip to hook onto an SD2.