Salvage QP 2016 2k miles

outrun

That's a nice car. Doesn't look like too bad a price, maybe £2k too much but not too bad considering. I'm not so sure that only panels will be required though, it's been classified Cat D for a reason, always because repair is not deemed worthwhile against payout costs etc etc. If it needs exhaust back boxes, floor panels and the like, that'll be another £5k in parts.

Wack61

275 BHP

No Ta :D

That's a nice car. Doesn't look like too bad a price, maybe £2k too much but not too bad considering. I'm not so sure that only panels will be required though, it's been classified Cat D for a reason, always because repair is not deemed worthwhile against payout costs etc etc. If it needs exhaust back boxes, floor panels and the like, that'll be another £5k in parts.

My guess is from previous experience they know it'll take weeks for the parts to come from Italy while the driver sits in a 100k hire car, a member on here was quoted 4k to replace and paint a cracked rear bumper so god knows what that would cost, it's not like a focus, you're not going to be ringing the scrappy for parts on a 2016 car

spkennyuk

If its less than 12 months old it can be new for old on the insurance policy. So if it had been 13 months old it probably would have been repaired. Less than 12 months and it can be written off new for old and becomes a cat D car.

petronic

Sorry i dont do diesel cars let alone a mas hate the smell on my hands not a snob but petrol it is and a v8