Do you accept strangers?

Phil H

Nice to hear from you again Nikos, and to lighten things up a bit you might like to browse the following link:

http://www.davidjpym.com/page6.html

I know nothing about guitars other than they make a noise and that some chap called Hendrix could play a bit. I've no connection with the dealer, he just has a unit in an antiques emporium that I visit now and again.

PH

spkennyuk

Good to see you back Nikos. You were almost a daily poster on the forum when i first joined. Nice looking guitar you have too. I have a few but i prefer my Gibson when i get chance to play. When i say play i mean make noise in an almost rythmic fashion :)

Mr.Cambio

Hi Ken, thanks for your kind words, it's been a very long and hard period, mainly personally and professionally.
As for amp, i use nothing but Marshall tube amps, without any pedals. I have used Hedrix's plexi 100w, i have played in tsls, but my favourite is the jcm2000 dsl. What is missing is the jcm800, a 90's and very popular model.
Still haven't turned her into the cable Andy, as i sold all of my equipment three years ago, so this is the first one to arrive. It's the RG550, i used to own the same some years ago and you can play from blues to heavy metal, with a seriously adorable clean tone.
As for amp, it's on the way...a jcm2000.
But even without the amp, i am learning on maiden's wasted years at the moment.

Last edited:

MrPea

Nice colour. I totally agree about the versatility of the Ibanez super-strats in general. It always amazes me how I can dial in pretty much anything to the JEM. I still think the most versatile are the JS2000 series with the coil taps.
You can't go wrong with a good all-valve Marshall. I have to say the nicest tone I've had through a guitar played by me was sticking my jazz-box through a 1963 JTM45 with twin 2x12 green-back cabs. Enjoy the TSL!

An interesting amp to consider would be one of these:
http://www.633amp.com/
one of my colleagues bought one, and they're all custom. It's a beautiful thing!

spkennyuk

A few from my collection. I still play badly when i get time.
Epiphone Slash Snakepit Limited Edition
Image029.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Robot
23102009022.jpg

B C Rich Mockingbird ST.
06072011072.jpg

Andyk

Great choice. The slimline body and wizard neck make it so easy to play, and it's pretty.

Agree my friend that slim body really is appealing. I bought a cheap semi acoustic last week which is really pretty good for the price.

Andyk

My current 4....and music room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 3

spkennyuk

Its really quite a versatile guitar. It has coil taps and a phase inverter and a 5 stage filter switch. Comfortable to play and the sustain from the straight through neck is fab. Holds it tuning very well and the ebony fret board and maple top looks good. The filter switch is a bit of a gimick. Sadly i can't do it any of my guitsrs any justice.

Its more a relaxation thing for me. As long as i can play a hand full of tunes i'm mostly happy. I should really push myself a bit more into learning more tunes.

Mr.Cambio

Andy, Ibanez are known for their easy to play necks. used to have a 70's Strat, where my fingers got tired every time i did play on in.
Love your playroom. Does Liz agree with that or is it a secret space? :)