As the season draws to end...

safrane

So after another season begins to draw to an end...what are your best and worse memories of 2016.

Also thoughts on the direction of the used market and the future of our favored brand?

MrMickS

Best memories is easy. Buying the Ghibli and driving to Italy and back in it.

Worst? Spending money to join the Maserati Club before finding you lovely people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CatmanV2

Brunty and Brands. Two stunning weekends.

Having a GT.

Worst memory: Having a GT sometimes

C

MrPea

So far... (we still have a few good things coming up)

Best: Somehow, amazingly, being able to get such a beautiful GS Spyder as Myfanwy to replace the late Ilaria. Never had I thought I'd be either in a position to get one, or likely to find one available if the former happened.

Worst: Not bringing her to France right now.

Ewan

Best - stumbling across an MCV for sale when I wasn't even looking. Thanks go to Emblem.

Worst - not being available to attend any of the meets. Though I am planning on going to Wilton House for breakfast tomorrow.

The future for Maserati - all hinges on the Levante. But priced right, it'll sell well. Let's hope it provides them with sufficient funds to produce a proper Maserati, with a V8 petrol engine and 2 doors.

drewf

What season is drawing to an end? Apart from summer? Seems a bit early to be looking back on the < 2/3 of a year that's gone so far to reminisce!

highlander

Even way up here, I still have a month left of the season but
Best - all the runs I've done in the highlands this year, from short to long, they have all been memorable, some even epic, and what this car was meant for.
Worst - not having enough mileage to get down for brunty, brands hatch etc. etc because i chose to use mileage for above but have a cunning plan for next year involving a trailer ;)
The smart amongst you, granted the numbers will be small ;), will notice no mention of my issue with something to do with the throttle or a sensor or God knows what this year. Well, the CEL still on 2 months later and no, I've not been able to identify the issue but marci drives fine so as they say......if it's running enjoy it! Will get sorted in the spring when the timing chain service is getting done.

Wack61

Best bit I bought a Maserati

Worst bit , sun's out, I look at the maserati , get in the MX5 throw the roof off and drive it like I stole it

Wack61

Still no sign of it then, I thought each car had part numbers that ID them to a particular car to stop the trade in stolen parts

Scaf

Best memory has to be my trip to Belogna in the GTS best part of 3000 adrenaline filled miles
during which I drove the car in the spirit in which it was built to be driven taking in a many
alpine passes as I could and the tunnels ..... Oh the tunnels !!!
Still can't believe I have not had a speeding ticket through the post as I have various footage
from my rear dash cam of the flash of speed cameras.

Low point last week when I curbed two "just refurbished" alloys and then had some knob
damage the back bumper (me).

Lovin Maserati ownership so far !!

drewf

Best memory has to be my trip to Belogna in the GTS best part of 3000 adrenaline filled miles
during which I drove the car in the spirit in which it was built to be driven taking in a many
alpine passes as I could and the tunnels ..... Oh the tunnels !!!
Still can't believe I have not had a speeding ticket through the post as I have various footage
from my rear dash cam of the flash of speed cameras.

Low point last week when I curbed two "just refurbished" alloys and then had some knob
damage the back bumper (me).

Lovin Maserati ownership so far !!

You won't usually get a ticket through the post for camera flashes driving a UK registered car, as the DVLA won't share details with foreign nations for speeding offences and other minor misdemeanours. If there's a fatality it's a different matter...

midlifecrisis

My fifth year of ownership! Le Mans was a laugh, Brunty was fun. 3 Ace trip including September. Still got Llandow to come, plus the Christmas party. So hardly the end of the season, for me Maseratis are a year round thing.
Sorted out the handling and front seats this year rather than join the asbo club.
Is there a low side to Maserati ownership? Maybe missing out on Poole Quay and Brands Hatch but that's it.

Contigo

Sponsor
Season draws to an end? Really? I have at least six other car events to attend and intend to use it right through winter.

Best for me was Bournemouth Wheels festival thanks to Mr Beans which the family loved too. Then all the ace meets, Le Mans and Brunty.

Having a selection of cars means that I also enjoy local car meets with the GTI's and MX5 so I guess I get yo experience many others too.

I must admit having the GTS has made Maser ownership that bit more special and I am truly lucky from that point of view.

Last edited:

2b1ask1

Special case
Still no sign of it then, I thought each car had part numbers that ID them to a particular car to stop the trade in stolen parts

Actually it turned up on Thursday Darren, not mine any more so it is the insurance company's problem.

Andyk

What season is drawing to an end? Apart from summer? Seems a bit early to be looking back on the < 2/3 of a year that's gone so far to reminisce!

Are we talking about the Maserati owners that put their cars away in the winter..?.....USe them all year I say .....

Anyway as someone who doesn't own a Maserati I do have one great Maserati memory from this year... BRUNTY....Brilliant day, brilliant company...humbled by your generosity as always. Thanks.