What is this?

MrPea

I'm having lunch in Mersault and just happened upon two delectable automobiles. One of them has nothing on it to help identify it... Can anyone help?

The second, it's clear, but I'd be remiss not to show it to you all.
8fb6563c83b32f5b5bbba61ffbbfef0f.jpg
9f22d02872afb0a73d16933224952af9.jpg

20cb3f9efefe688b0ce9a8ee3ed5f14a.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Its American, that I know from the hood ornament as I have seen one on Fast and Loud with the same one....Chevy???

It may have been added I suppose, if so, no idea, looks European.

1955-chevrolet-bel-air-chevy-classic-american-car-hood-ornament-BKKY5F.jpg

MrPea

Hmmm, not the same ornament. This one's more like a dolphin. Coachwork is certainly French and the Jaeger instruments all have French words on them.

Interestingly, the Bug is RHD and was imported from Australia as it has a Bugatti Club of Australia badge on it.

conaero

Forum Owner
I cant find any other Citreon TA with that body style, do we assume its a one off mod?

The only car in the Citreon archives resembling it, is this Roadster model that has the same screen and no sign of the hood emblem known as an 11b:

citroen-11b-roadster-traction-avant-01.jpg

Here is the TA cab, and its very different:

1937-Citroen-Traction-11B-Cabriolet.jpg

drewf

The grill is different, but the wings, bonnet and particularly the doors on the bonnet sides of the TA Cab example are the same as Mr Pea's.
Looks to me like a tractor bullnose has been grafted onto it though.

In that era, people put all manner of radiator/hood ornaments on them, to personalise them. I wouldn't read too much into that exact style.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Interesting? Bollox! The front looks like a cross between a Jaaaag Mk2 and a Bristol Aero and the back looks like a cross between an early Rolls and a dog having a cr4p. And, it's only got a 2 litre four banger in it.