Dunsfold Wings & Wheels - THIS WEEKEND 27-28th August

luckesGTV6

I'm not really sure why I didn't post this event before and why it is generally so overlooked, possibly because it's got aircraft?, but if anyone's fed up with TV this coming weekend and is within 200 miles of the Top Gear track why not trot over in your 'Bella' and watch all the fun.

Its a 2 day extravaganza featuring megacars,including Italian, and aircraft, similar programme on both the Saturday and Sunday with evening entertainment.

Wheels:
Featured static in the open paddock, on a crowd parade and also on the runway, many exotic vehicles ranging from desirable vintage cars to droolworthy super/hypercars which strive to reach takeoff speed in a runway drag.
Last years max results, it's not a competition you understand - Ferraris@about 160 indicated max, Astons@ about 145 indicated max, Alfa@ satnav125 true max so add on speedo minus % and satnav lag factor for a comparison.
These are proud owner/drivers figures, absolutely unbiased (but not declared under oath) :)
There were 3 or 4 Alfisti last year but I don't recollect seeing any Massers.

Wings:
Featuring the Dutch Air force WW2 Mitchell bomber (they would like to upgrade their deterrent but they're concentrating more on sea defence) The Blades (ex Red Arrows pilots) aerobats, The Vertol Chinook writhing railway carriage (we did it first, remember the Bristol 173?), and many other eggwhisks and planks in solo, formation and aerobatic mode. also a plethora of other ground & airborne attractions that you can browse online - http://www.wingsandwheels.net/whatson/

Ladies, there are mobile military dioramas with husky, uniformed, spitting, swearing, *arting, gum chewing slit trenched and tented jeep and 6x6 drivers, gun crews & 'ornery GI's etc.

Children, neither were you forgotten - there are lots of activities for you to see and do and many many ice cream vans. Bring your ear plugs though.

Just packing my trunk now and heading off to the hotel. hope to see some of y'all there.

luckesGTV6

Pix of a few 'Bellas' on paddock duty:

DSCN1815.jpgDSCN1818.jpgDSCN1842.jpgDSCN1884.jpgDSCN1896.jpgDSCN1906.jpgDSCN1934.jpgDSCN1914.jpg

The black 'Bella' that I didn't snap can be seen yawning away beyond the pair of V12 'Merlin' roadsters (British) but is overstaged by the Vickers VC10 tanker (also British, we actually used to make aeroplanes don'tcher know!)
A nice couple of days in the sun and light rain, another good experience for me to be invited to sit in a good 'ole Elan+2 again after all these years and chat to other British/Italian exotic car owners,
Talking of British exotica the Costin was there again this year (only 5 made I had thought, nope! 8, minus I destroyed by fire the owner said) and also a Gordon-Keeble, the maroon car in photo 4, amongst others.

Hey, is that your grey Masser HEXADEX??

Last edited:

Hexadex

I'm not really sure why I didn't post this event before and why it is generally so overlooked, possibly because it's got aircraft?, but if anyone's fed up with TV this coming weekend and is within 200 miles of the Top Gear track why not trot over in your 'Bella' and watch all the fun.

Its a 2 day extravaganza featuring megacars,including Italian, and aircraft, similar programme on both the Saturday and Sunday with evening entertainment.

Wheels:
Featured static in the open paddock, on a crowd parade and also on the runway, many exotic vehicles ranging from desirable vintage cars to droolworthy super/hypercars which strive to reach takeoff speed in a runway drag.
Last years max results, it's not a competition you understand - Ferraris@about 160 indicated max, Astons@ about 145 indicated max, Alfa@ satnav125 true max so add on speedo minus % and satnav lag factor for a comparison.
These are proud owner/drivers figures, absolutely unbiased (but not declared under oath) :)
There were 3 or 4 Alfisti last year but I don't recollect seeing any Massers.

Wings:
Featuring the Dutch Air force WW2 Mitchell bomber (they would like to upgrade their deterrent but they're concentrating more on sea defence) The Blades (ex Red Arrows pilots) aerobats, The Vertol Chinook writhing railway carriage (we did it first, remember the Bristol 173?), and many other eggwhisks and planks in solo, formation and aerobatic mode. also a plethora of other ground & airborne attractions that you can browse online - http://www.wingsandwheels.net/whatson/

Ladies, there are mobile military dioramas with husky, uniformed, spitting, swearing, *arting, gum chewing slit trenched and tented jeep and 6x6 drivers, gun crews & 'ornery GI's etc.

Children, neither were you forgotten - there are lots of activities for you to see and do and many many ice cream vans. Bring your ear plugs though.

Just packing my trunk now and heading off to the hotel. hope to see some of y'all there.

You were not looking too hard I was there in the paddock and on the runway with the Gransport got 145 mph indicated

luckesGTV6

Fantastic pics Peter, looks like a great day

Just extracted my foot from my mouth, just seen the pics, very nice.

Thanks Guys,

A great couple of days in the fresh air communing with cars, aircraft and fellow enthusiasts.

Hope you had a great time at Mitcar Nick.

By the way HEXADEX, don't worry about the other thing 'cos you'll notice that someone identified a Gordon-Keeble as a Warwick but as yet no eagle eye has commented on it :) so I'll sneak back up the thread and correct it, in the hope that nobody noticed. :)