Oulton Park - Gold Cup meeting

Doohickey

Velociraptor
What about waiting in the pub car park where we regrouped last time? Bit easier than the lay by.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Now we know where you are, the pub car park will be peachy. See you there!

spkennyuk

Ok guys, I've just had an e-mail from David. As its Oulton on a sunny bank holiday Monday he suggests getting there early doors. To that end I suggest Lymm services at 8am for an 8.15 departure. That way we should beat the queues. John, I'll see you at the north-bound Sandbach services at 7.45am. If anybody has a radio, bring it along.

Will be at the services for 8am.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
If it`s 8.15 from Lymm, then I`ll be at the layby on the A49 just after Acton Bridge at 8.30, if that`s OK, Benny?
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Terry

As suggested, it'll be more convenient if you waited in the pub car park opposite. See you there!

Terry

I`m very touched by folk making polite suggestions for me! Very kind! It`s so unusual to receive nice suggestions as to what I should do that it`s made me quite emotional!!!
Since you all ask so nicely I`ll be in the car park of The Riverside, even though normally I wouldn`t go near the place!
Terry

MrMickS

It ok Terry. I don't think it'll be open at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wack61

Just a heads up

Watch your speed on the A49 after the crossroads where the shell garage is , they sit in the layby just after the nunsmere hotel with a long lens on

This morning a guy in a 911 overtook a line of cars then saw the van waiting

Its a dangerous place to put it , one day there's going to be a serious head on when a perfectly safe overtake goes wrong because the driver sees the van and lifts off

I had some tit in a van this morning who didn't like being overtaken 45 in a 60 so i overtook him and dropped behind the car in front, under the limit , not on a white line, didn't need to brake next thing he's got one hand on the horn for 30 seconds while giving me the V with the other

jayblue

I will also meet you all at the Riverside pub car park - Lymm is a bit of a jaunt for me coming from south of the track.

Also just to be sure David is giving us the passes and tickets on the day when we arrive?

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Just about to set off to meet the guys at Lymm. Weather looks lovely so it should be a good days racing. We are also being joined by an old friend, Jamesc69 who is coming along in his XKR.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Just got home from a good day out. The usual suspects were there and the meet points worked perfectly. Great weather, food racing and good company, what more could you want on a Bank holiday Monday? We even squeezed in a bit of medium pace motoring. Good to see John (JKulin) took Debby along and she looked hale and hearty, that was after she stopped screaming on the drive over! All in all, a good day out so thanks for coming along guys. See you all again soon.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Glad it was a good day, spent the day being drowned by the kids in the swimming pool! Looking forward to giving the Maser a good spanking when back home next weekend!

MrMickS

Stopped off for a coffee on the way back. It was a great day. Good to meet people again and some good racing to watch.

Just a taster from the phone.

1b148077d70b62b589403310d2f35ea0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry

Please pass on our thanks to your mate Dave for arranging the tickets, Benny, and big thanks to you for sorting out the logistics, and for leading the convoy.
Another great day. Some old faces, some new faces, and massive thanks to MrMickS for the loan of the corkscrew, thus removing the danger of me suffering a screaming fit. A really good day with some fantastic racing - especially the historic saloons - what about that 16 year old James Clark coming second in the Lotus Cortina!! The range of classic cars in the car park was amazing, and the army "camp" was fascinating.
Terry

jamesc69

Thanks Benny and to your mate DAVE for allowing us to join you in the jaaaaag for a fabulous day. Still Suffering tinatus from being 2 cars behind benny

It was nice to be the plucky Britt amounts the Italians

Sorry we missed you as we Had to leave early to get back for the dogs.

Great day and fab company .

jayblue

We had a really enjoyable day, apologies again for our late arrival at the meeting point earlier, thanks for waiting everyone!

Didn't actually get to see much of the on track action as there was so much to see elsewhere. The Gold Cup event seems to be on a roll in recent years and the new artisan market was great. Great to see you all again and to meet some new faces too. Thanks to Benny and David for organizing and the tickets.