G3 clay mitt - really good

beau

So usually I use a BH clay bar, but haven't used it for ages and it just take so long

I bought this from halfords http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ca...iling-products/farecla-g3-body-prep-clay-mitt

And in 2 hours, I washed it, clayed it and just ran over it with my da with meguiars ultimate compound, only 2 passes over each panel, very quick as I was going out, but it came up so well, the paintwork felt like sandpaper before, now it's so smooth, the clay mitt was brilliant, I don't think il use a bar ever again! I can't wait to give it more polishing when I get a chance, I will give it a quick hand polish and wax for Sunday but it does need a full correction when I have a spare 2 days!

GeoffCapes

That's the one I have and use. It's a great bit of kit. Especially for the money. Think I only paid £12 for mine.

I'll run it over the 4200 tomorrow ready for Brands.
And probably a coat of wax as well. It's not had one for a couple of months.

CatmanV2

I have one in the garage ready for tomorrow. I think beau has tipped me over the edge to do it.

This evening I have mostly been washing and sealing wheels and doing the interior. Tomorrow (pm, when the sun has gone off) is exterior:
Snow foam
Wash
Rinse
Clay mitt
Wash
Rinse
Dry
Polish
Make sense?

C

GeoffCapes

I have one in the garage ready for tomorrow. I think beau has tipped me over the edge to do it.

This evening I have mostly been washing and sealing wheels and doing the interior. Tomorrow (pm, when the sun has gone off) is exterior:
Snow foam
Wash
Rinse
Clay mitt
Wash
Rinse
Dry
Polish
Make sense?

C

I'll be doing the same. Without the snow foam.

adam01

Snow foam
Wash
Rinse
Clay mitt
Wash
Rinse
Dry
Polish
Make sense?

C

No wax?

spkennyuk

Pretty sure that's the wrong way round, but I stand to be corrected. Given that polish is abrasive, it should scrape the wax off....

C

No your correct Mr C. You can wash then wax or polish wipe down and then wax or seal. If you polish after waxing then you have wasted your time.

Contigo

Sponsor
If you have your car detailed and waxed with a proper product all you need do is to rinse it off and dry. Job done!

CatmanV2

Bloody ****. I'm no claying expert but that mitt is something else. *So* much easier than the bars, and I struggle to see that it's not going to be as effective. I used DoDo Juice Born Slippy which I had last year, with the clay bar kit. The paint was like sandpaper, bonnet particularly. Now it's *Almost* as shiny as it was for Brunty, and I've not even waxed yet!

Currently letting her air dry in the weak sunshine before cracking the Harlys. I'll put another coat of sealant on the wheels as well.

C

maverick

Just bought my mitt the last one in halfords .Iam almost out of detail spray could you use just water as a lubricant ( que the lude jokes ) or mix some water in with what I have left .