Initial classic ownership thoughts

Contigo

Sponsor
Hi Phil,

If dates for collection had tied in I would either have picked up the car and driven down or you could have collected from Richard and driven down and I would have come down to Brands and drive back but Richard was going on holiday and that kind of scuppered that thought.
Not sure of distance involved from here but probably about 1200 mile round trip.
Right weather, top down it is almost tempting!
Will watch the video link when I get home. Looks as if I need driving gloves though!
Green/blues seem popular colour suddenly!
When I first looked a few years ago before the 4200 they were mostly red on the market.
Saw the odd one in that time but a few have popped up just recently.
Also meant to say with the wind deflector in position (now there is a bit of fun attaching it.....women with "nails" would probably curse whoever designed the fitments) there is zero wind buffeting even at motorway speeds.
Driving up in the sunshine it was about 18C and with heater off I was opening the window as it was like sitting in a greenhouse.
Had several soft tops (latest being a Golf) and none anywhere close to the performance of this one deflector in situ.

Aargh, you should have said was even driving back down from Manchester when the car was being prepped as I called in at Dicks on the way up. I thought you would have been looking for shows to attend now! :D

The weather looks good for next weekend and the following so come on, get the roof down and enjoy the car, it will get better with the miles and you can have a great road trip down!

Corranga

Yes I seen that silver 4200 on the A9 too, just before Alness, waved before I remembered I was in the Alfa and got a quizzed look back :(

I passed a silver 4200 on the A9 Friday afternoon around 2.30pm, probably somewhere around Blackford - at this rate, we might be able to map out the whole journey ;)

Then I passed a silver 3200, followed by a silver 4200 a couple of miles later around the same area (but they were heading south this time) on Sunday around 2pm.

I'm starting to think Scotland only has silver coupes - and mine was tucked up in my garage the whole time!

Chris

Needamaser

Aargh, you should have said was even driving back down from Manchester when the car was being prepped as I called in at Dicks on the way up. I thought you would have been looking for shows to attend now! :D

Car not being restored means it isn't concours and I don't like the competition element in some of the shows. Had this with bikes where folk pick up on a non original horn etc!
Having said that there cant be many non restored cars which are much better than this and I certainly wouldn't be ashamed to be seen in it anywhere!
Planning to replace things like rubbers (if they exist) and general clean up of cam covers and minor things like that.
I could easily knock up miles on this car.
Looked at your video and guy is spot on. Driving along just enjoying the whole experience is intoxicating. Yes there is a bit of poke under the bonnet and I suspect the 2.8 engine is a bit livelier than the 2.5 carb version but apart from the odd squirt of throttle legal speeds and a big smile is my way of enjoying her.
Mileage is low enough I will use her without worrying about hitting values but not too low I am afraid to drive it either.
Shame I didn't know you were passing Chester or else you could have looked after it for a wee while for me! ;-)

Needamaser

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Did wonder if I was one of a very small group that like these cars!
Son saw it in the flesh at the weekend and he thinks I have lost the plot!

bigbob

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Did wonder if I was one of a very small group that like these cars!

I think it looks great and would have been tempted if I had the garage space.

philw696

I aim to keep losing the plot with my antics why should the kids have all the fun.