One owner low miles QP Sport GTS

Wack61

Agreed , is that original , it doesn't do much for the front of the car seeing all the gubbins behind it

Andyk

That's just the sun light surely ... That's a standard black grill that was put on this car.....Trick of the light probably...

rockits

Would this be much better than the later 4.7s for less money and a few more miles...43k miles I think?

The 4.7 S seems great value. What is the difference between 4.2 GTS & later 4.7 S ?

spkennyuk

Would this be much better than the later 4.7s for less money and a few more miles...43k miles I think?

The 4.7 S seems great value. What is the difference between 4.2 GTS & later 4.7 S ?

The difference is 0.5 :) :) :)

Somebody was going to say it :)

Andyk

I would say that the 4.2 Sport GTS will hold it's value more due to rarity....and it is regarded as the best of the 4.2's..........The 4.7s is probably a softer car to drive than the 4.2 Sport GTS but that 4.7 engine is pretty desirable so hard but I would go 4.2. as it's prettier...Not a fan of the 4.7s grill but you could always change it to a 4.7 Sport GTS one which looks better........

To be honest on paper performance figures are about the same

QP 4.7s
Top Speed - 177 mph
Acceleration 0 to 60 - 5.3 sec
Cylinders - 8 in line 90V
Displacememnt - 4.691 cc
CO2 emissions - 365 g/km
MPG combined - 18.00 mpg

QP Sport GTS
Top Speed - 171 mph
Acceleration 0 to 60 - 5.2 sec
Displacememnt - 4.244 cc
CO2 emissions - 440 g/km
MPG combined - 14.95 mpg

Wack61

I think both cars have expensive discs , the trick is to buy the car just after they've been done or get the dealer to agree to change them if they need doing hoping he doesn't know how much they are ,£1200 for discs is proper taking the

CatmanV2

4.2 Front £129
Rear £119

4.7 Front £500
Rear £119

Assuming I have the correct cars, of course

C

Wack61

4.2 Front £129
Rear £119

4.7 Front £500
Rear £119

Assuming I have the correct cars, of course

C

Formula dynamics list the bigger 360mm discs for the GTS so I'm pretty sure they're the same as the 4.7

MASERATI QUATTROPORTE FD PERFORMANCE BRAKE DISK
Formula Dynamics Performance Discs are a drop in replacement for the Maserati Quattroporte.
Braking Performance is a critical aspect of vehicle performance and safety. With improved performance cross drilling, slotting, metallurgy and cost compared to the OEM factory parts these performance discs are an obvious choice. FD Brake Discs are an excellent way to provide a cost effective improvement of your factory brake system.
FRONT BRAKE ROTORS:

- QP Standard & Executive - (FD cross-drilled and slotted, 4 piston front caliper)
- QP Sport GT - (FD cross-drilled and slotted, 4 piston front caliper)
- QP Sport GTS, S (OEM 360mm cross-drilled, 6 piston front caliper)

REAR BREAK ROTORS:

- Early QP (2004-2007 OEM smooth, 2 piston rear caliper)
- Early QP (2004-2007 OEM cross-drilled, 2 piston rear caliper)
- Late QP (2007+ OEM smooth, 4 piston caliper)
- Late QP (2007+ OEM cross-drilled, 4 piston caliper)

highlander

I would say that the 4.2 Sport GTS will hold it's value more due to rarity....and it is regarded as the best of the 4.2's..........The 4.7s is probably a softer car to drive than the 4.2 Sport GTS but that 4.7 engine is pretty desirable so hard but I would go 4.2. as it's prettier...Not a fan of the 4.7s grill but you could always change it to a 4.7 Sport GTS one which looks better........

To be honest on paper performance figures are about the same

QP 4.7s
Top Speed - 177 mph
Acceleration 0 to 60 - 5.3 sec
Displacememnt - 4.691 cc
CO2 emissions - 365 g/km
MPG combined - 18.00 mpg

QP Sport GTS
Top Speed - 171 mph
Acceleration 0 to 60 - 5.2 sec
Displacememnt - 4.244 cc
CO2 emissions - 440 g/km
MPG combined - 14.95 mpg

You forgot the sound. The 4.7 on top gear was what pulled me into committing to maser ownership, I need to own one at some point......and surprisingly, in black not green!

Andyk

Oh yea forgot about that...but that was the GTS version does the S sound as good.

rockits

I'd love a QP QTS but finding it hard to add £5-£10k to my XJ for an older car.

If anyone wants a nice 2011 XJ as straight swap for a QP GTS drop me a message ;)

Wack61

I'd love a QP QTS but finding it hard to add £5-£10k to my XJ for an older car.

If anyone wants a nice 2011 XJ as straight swap for a QP GTS drop me a message ;)

[ man maths]There will come a point when the jag is worth £1500 and the GTS is still at 15k so you'll get your money back [/man maths]

rockits

Thing is stuff like the XJ is almost worth breaking at less than £15k. The sum of the parts often is higher than the value of the car. I have been looking to kick off a business of doing this with my brother for years but not got there yet. There are so many cheap exec cars that are worth more broken into pieces than kept as a running car. Ridiculous really but the numbers really do work. Who would think of breaking a perfectly good 2011 £72k Jaguar XJ with 60k miles. it is not far off though bizarrely enough!

Contigo

Sponsor
The 4.7 GTS car as featured on TG in the Porsche and Aston shootout is the one to own for me and the only car now that I would ever get if I were to sell the GTS.

Last edited: