4200CC Blue '53 - likely clutch sensor failed

2b1ask1

Special case
Collectively there are just too many negatives for it to be salvageable. Believe me if I thought it could have been I'd have gone for it.

Just a thought but if someone was training people for Dent Master it would be a great subject to work on. About £4 per dent to buy it!

4200friend

Well, I'll start with the reported problem, 19 months sitting outside, under a conker tree with a non-start error on it.

A massive thank you to Voicey for popping over

Thanks anyway for showing an interest, I did mention conker tree on the other website but not here and I haven't seen the damage myself in a year or so. Apologies the mileage was more like 80k than 73k, although I think you knew this before you travelled.

I think Voicey is the chap-with-diagnostics that was mentioned 18 months ago on the other site, how ironic he was local.

I imagine anyone wanting to look, even for track days or parts, would speak to Newton first. Newton has Nic the owner's mobile number.

Chris

2b1ask1

Special case
No problem Chris, I went in eyes open so I was expecting the mechanical side of it, just with the shear amount of bodywork damage by the conkers it is curtains realistically.

So sad to see a car slip so far...

2b1ask1

Special case
If you could have the reassurance of hearing and seeing it run even, I could have moved to looking at the suspension etc.

philw696

What a shame but a few years ago there was talk of a forum collective track day car.
Could be cheap fun that way.
A bit of fine filler and wrap it.