4.7 QP with broken head unit / nav

CatmanV2

...and much as I generally dislike Honest John:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

<quote>
A "trade sale" implies that the customer is a trader with some knowledge of the car trade who is buying the car to re-sell. In reality this phrase is meaningless. It is not possible for two contracting parties to agree to avoid the effects of the consumer protection legislation (even if they wanted to). Obviously, if the car is sold to an ordinary private individual at a retail price, then its status as a "trade sale" for legal purposes needs to be challenged and precedents set in the courts to guide judgements in other such cases.
</quote>

C

Wack61

a bit ambiguous then , It's 5k to expensive with a busted head unit so I'm ooottt

Wack61

Obviously, if the car is sold to an ordinary private individual at a retail price, then its status as a "trade sale" for legal purposes needs to be challenged and precedents set in the courts to guide judgements in other such cases.

that must be honest johns legal department adding that bit in then , gutted i missed craigs car (because it looks like the bargain of the century compared to this) but gobsmacked it's going to an island with a 40mph limit

craigjenkins

Obviously, if the car is sold to an ordinary private individual at a retail price, then its status as a "trade sale" for legal purposes needs to be challenged and precedents set in the courts to guide judgements in other such cases.

that must be honest johns legal department adding that bit in then , gutted i missed craigs car (because it looks like the bargain of the century compared to this) but gobsmacked it's going to an island with a 40mph limit

It was a good buy. I cant believe i kept dropping my price to keep it competitive to this one. Doh ! hindsight eh.

That said the enquiries were pretty non existent (other than the first 2 weeks) when advertising over 25k. But once i lowered the price to just under 25k i had quite a few!
There wasn't a huge movement in the price really, but 25+ asking price must have put people off enquiring.