DA and Kit

Keano

For those who are looking to buy polish etc. Halfords have web special tomorrow for registered users. No idea what the offers will be but may be worth signing up - and i don't work for Halfords :)

Keano

"Our Countdown Deals go Live TOMORROW>>> If you haven't already - make sure you SIGN UP NOW! We'll be releasing WEB EXCLUSIVE codes every 2 HOURS from 8AM- 10PM- but don't wait, each code is only live for a limited time period!
To gain access to these codes, simply sign up to a MyAccount on Halfords.com and log on to your account on Tuesday...where all will be revealed....
See you at 8am tomorrow!!"

spkennyuk

Results from the detailing session on an Alfa 156.

First two pictures were work in progress and the last picture shows the finished article.

20160720_175901.jpg

20160720_190023.jpg

20160720_213231.jpg

Jkulin

Just wanted to say a Big Thanks for Stuart (spkennyuk) for coming down and taking the time to show me how to create these results.

I can't believe the amount of work required, but the rewards are amazing.

Buggered up my slip disc though and still in pain now :frusty6:

FIFTY

Thread revival!

I am in the market for a cheap DA, my 4200 is starting to show some swirls, it was detailed when I bought it nearly 3 years ago so I have done OK with maintaining the clear coat in that time and all of the "swirls" are running in the same direction (I never wash, clay or apply polish/wax in circular motions) so it was definitely me who did the damage! Dual action polisher will sort the problem - I will probably only use it 2-3 times a year so nothing too expensive needed.

Someone linked slims detailing earlier in the thread - they have some really good deals on their kits and there are a lot of options up to £150 which is the upper end of my budget for a DA in a kit with pads etc. Ideally I would like to spend closer to £100 so I can put some money towards an extension to my overflowing 3 drawer tool chest

https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/ac...ing-machines/sort-by/price/sort-direction/asc

On a side note I was going to buy an angle grinder to help remove some minor rust patches under my car, can these DA's be twinned with a wire brush attachment and perform well enough to do the job? Saves me buying one if I can use a DA for both jobs.

lifes2short

I would make sure you get a true orbital DA machine which doesn't concentrate all polishing in one area, you can easily get through your clear coat with normal machines. Unless you know what you're doing you can easily fook your paintwork with the non DA machines, some skill is required

conaero

Forum Owner
Angle grinders and mop/polishers spin at different rates...the mop/polisher versions have variable speed.

FIFTY

Er don't get the two things confused guys I want to buy a DA orbital polisher to clear up some minor swirls

I am also in the market for an angle grinder - not to grind metal but to use with brush metal attachments NOT FOR PAINTWORK! I have answered my own question a metal brush attachment would not work very well on a DA even if it did fit. ALDI one sounds good @GeoffCapes