Windscreen wipers

hoyin

Apparently I need to change theming my GTS.

Where do you get yours from? What make do you use and how much are they?

I assume it is an easy replace! And I don't need to know anything special?

Thanks

sofasurfer

Scaf

The passenger side on mine is a standard size / fitment available from everywhere, including halfords -
( but may not be factory spec) the drivers side I got from Eurocar parts for £20.

CatmanV2

The passenger side on mine is a standard size / fitment available from everywhere, including halfords -
( but may not be factory spec) the drivers side I got from Eurocar parts for £20.

Hmm, just looked they are recommending a Bosch 485778260 which is universal, and therefore seems unlikley.

Do you recall what they sold you, scaf?

C

Scaf

Did not pay much attention but will see if I kept a receipt and post up the details.
The passenger side was definitely just a standard blade bought based on the length,again I will check tomorrow.

What I can say is that what is fitted works and clears the screen at "high" motorway speeds in heavy rain !

CatmanV2

Did not pay much attention but will see if I kept a receipt and post up the details.
The passenger side was definitely just a standard blade bought based on the length,again I will check tomorrow.

What I can say is that what is fitted works and clears the screen at "high" motorway speeds in heavy rain !

Would definitely be useful then :)
C

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I had mine replaced when it was serviced at Marios's. They are Bosch wipers - I haven't got the bill to hand but £50 rings a bell.

conaero

Forum Owner
I've ended up shelling out £120 for a new set to be fitted.

£120 for wiper blades that takes the biscuit!

You can buy the metallastic rubber blade off eBay, cut to length and slide in....£5 each

Ebenezer

Tried that once (in my Mk1 Ford Mondeo estate, "aka rolling stone" with all the moss that had grown on it). Was mighty pleased with myself for 1/ paying £5, 2/ managing to replace the wipers

But then came the deluge

on went the wipers

off went the blade...

Slid out as easy as it had slid in!

Buy new ones always now, but unfortunately, the QP and (probably GT) driver's side one cost £90+ !!!

Eb

CatmanV2

I just popped into Halfords. 1xBosch SP17 1xBosch SP24. Seem to fit and work just fine. Granted the SP24 doesn't have a positive click into the arm, but it feels like a snug enough fit to me. No high speed test as yet, and I've kept it in the boot 'just in case' but I'm confident it'll work fine.

C

Andy Marshall

OK, just fitted the Denso Hybrid wiper blades and they are a perfect fit, straight out of the box. 2 minute job, both sides. No issues, no fiddling, look good, work perfectly.

Available from eurocarparts.com

Driver side part no: 485778266 £20.99 inc VAT
Passenger side part no: 485778176 £10.49 inc VAT

namaste

Thanks for the info. You can get the 17" one (DUR-043R) on ebay for £7.34 inc shipping. Can't find the 26" one (DUR-065R) cheaper than eurocarparts though.

Edit: Actually, searching ebay for just DUR-065R shows it listed for a Honda Civic at £14.34