Windscreen wipers

Ryandoc

Interesting that you didn't need to rework the driver side DENSO HYBRID.
I was deffinitely unable to install it on my 2009 GTS if I did not grind it a little bit...as I mentioned 5 minutes of work.

I’d seen your post so was bracing myself but it slide right in there as if it was literally OEM it was that easy and snug.

MarkMas

Chief pedant

Swindorski

Ok here we go:

1. Remove the old wiper and the OEM connector. It will look like this - I will call this the wiper arm "hoop":

View attachment 45706

2. Then disconnect the bosch connector from the bosch wiper - I have put it next to the wiper arm hoop in this photo:

View attachment 45703

3. Then insert the bosch connector into the wiper arm "hoop" half way - see picture below:

View attachment 45705

Please note that if you insert it any further into the hoop the bottom part of the hoop will prevent you attaching the bosch wiper to the bosch connector.

4. Then clip on the bosch wiper to the bosch connector - see photo below:

View attachment 45707

5. Then push the bosch connector fully into the wiper arm making sure the wiper arm hoop goes through a gap in the connector and you will hear a click:

View attachment 45704

Hope this helps! Also hope the photos attached correctly...
Perfect! Just done mine - 30 second job and £19 from Halfords! Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 592ED0D6-4480-4152-B756-E2AFF7EC68B3.jpeg
    592ED0D6-4480-4152-B756-E2AFF7EC68B3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
  • 809D58DA-F9E4-4C91-AE6C-651EB5CE5E90.jpeg
    809D58DA-F9E4-4C91-AE6C-651EB5CE5E90.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33

Masser50

I’ve just installed the Denso wipers on my GTS 2016 and I found I had to Dremmel the drivers side blade. The plastic housing on the Denso was just slightly too big so took a mill or two off the bottom side to get it on. Passenger side was a simple click and close. They look good and work well.

tokyomb

I installed Denso on my Stradale a couple of weeks back and found that a little PTFE lube on the wiper arm hook enabled fitting without having to make any modifications.

ChrissGT

I installed Denso on my Stradale a couple of weeks back and found that a little PTFE lube on the wiper arm hook enabled fitting without having to make any modifications.

Same here, used a little grease and went on without a problem, no trimming needed.

CLRut

Bosch 26S/17 fitted on mine with no issues. Halfords £4 and Wiperblades.co.uk £20. Great instructions on here from rd993.

tyresmoke

Slightly off-topic but I did wonder why my local Maserati dealer included new windscreen wipers in their list of recommended work items when my QP5 was inspected prior to its annual service. I had recently replaced them myself with cheap (OK not so cheap) hook fitting wipers from the local car accessories shop, so I declined their kind offer...

Ceebeedeebee

Ok so I’m most likely being really dim - I can’t work out how to get the old drivers wiper off at all. Little clip flips up fine but cant shift the blade at all. Passenger one done no problem at all. Any ideas greatly appreciated - picture below don’t know what the old one is. Thanks ! 73990

ensignia

I tried changing my wipers but ran across an issue.

The Bosch SP26 S now appears to have a different connector to the one shown in the pictures on page 3 and doesn't seem to fit properly despite getting it to 'click' in place. This is for the drivers side, the passenger side was a doddle.

I've got it on now and it's fairly secure, but if the wiper arm is raised the Bosch blade can slide right off with a little bit of force. Not ideal.

montravia

Mine does that.
Blade extrudes out of one end?
The trick is to make sure that the notches on the rubber blade locate with those in the holder. Just one end.
May have to slide the blade out and back in to align
Not good at 70 on the motorway

ensignia

I'll have a look tomorrow during daylight hours, it could be something simple but it just didn't seem compatible - the little Bosch connector is different now.

Originally I had the regular Bosch SP26 and after struggling for a few hours I realised that the SP26S was the one people were using so got that. Turns out it's exactly the same but has a spoiler, but in terms of fitment and connections it's not plug and play with the OEM Maserati wipers.

I might remove the entire wiper arm from the car itself for a better angle.