High mileage but cheap 2002 4200 CC For Sale

CatmanV2

Surely if you disconnect the switch the circuit is broken so it thinks the bonnet is closed.

Its really just a simple bulb, battery and on / off plunger switch. If the plunger is pushed in the circuit is broken and warning(bulb) stay unlit.

To turn it off as a temp measure such as on a rolling road then duck tape to hold the plunger down will do the trick.

Sorry yes. Disconnect and it thinks the bonnet is shut.

C

spkennyuk

Two plunger switches in the circuit would be an additional failsafe for little money if you really wanted it.

CatmanV2

Two plunger switches in the circuit would be an additional failsafe for little money if you really wanted it.

Or having it push to make. Then any break in the cabling, or likely switch failure would trigger the warning. Although I guess it's possible for a switch to fail closed.

If you had two in series, they'd probably have to be push to make anyway :) Unless you want to drop in a logic gate.....

C

spkennyuk

They can fail if you get water ingress on the make contacts. So when the plunger is in the released position the current still wont flow. The downside of a single switch system is that if it has failed then your not going to know unless your sat in the car with the ignition on and bonnet up and looking at the dash.

You would need a logic gate or duel feed to the dash or higher up the harness to the first switch to make a twin switch system work.

Simon1

Ok, I've found a replacement finally, and it's a nice deal but still over my intended budget :)

I could do with selling one of my cars soonish now and the wife prefers this one goes, so about £8200 buys it..

Lot nicer than most the project ones that crop up, but high miles of course.