Selling my 3200

Contigo

Sponsor
He's already had a 3200 and 4200 so he wants to get with the programme and into something that is not a relic and actually impresses the crowds at car shows :D

Last edited:

MAF260

He's already had a 3200 and 4200 so he wants to get with the programme and into something that is not a relic and actually impresses the crowds at car shows :D

You've changed your tune now the 3200 is up for sale!!

Ewan

Goes to show that the best prepared/condition cars sell quickly. Well done Dave (and Emblem!)

Phil - maybe if you sort out the paint blemishes on your 3200, refurbish the alloys and give it a new service (oh, and price it more realistically at something around the £16.5k mark), it will fly out just as quickly;)

Contigo

Sponsor
Goes to show that the best prepared/condition cars sell quickly. Well done Dave (and Emblem!)

Phil - maybe if you sort out the paint blemishes on your 3200, refurbish the alloys and give it a new service (oh, and price it more realistically at something around the £16.5k mark), it will fly out just as quickly;)

I'm in no rush to sell it mate and really haven't even bothered advertising it on the usual site ie Pistonheads, Ebay or AT. I sold my last one at a Petrol station on a whim so we will see what happens with this one. It doesn't need a service, it's done 250 miles since the last one!!!

maverick

I know what he's getting but not telling ! Well done dave look forward to hearing about the possible new purchase when iam back off my hols .

Contigo

Sponsor
Sorry Phil, I forgot you don't believe in annual servicing;)

What's the point if the thing hasn't even moved? Just to tick a box on the service sheet and put a stamp in the book? If I was printing money or wanted to throw it down the drain I might do that or maybe found a company which sells very expensive paint!!!! :D

jluis

What's the point if the thing hasn't even moved? Just to tick a box on the service sheet and put a stamp in the book? If I was printing money or wanted to throw it down the drain I might do that or maybe found a company which sells very expensive paint!!!! :D

What? No anual servicing?
That must mean the engine is about to explode ... I will take it out of your hands for free :)

Ewan

I'm only mucking about. I agree that servicing a car that's in storage is a tad pointless. Between 1993 and 2014 my 400i did less than 1000 miles, and it's safe to say it didn't have 21 annual services in that time! But bu**er me did I have to spend a lot on it when I finally dragged it out and decided to start using it!!! Running very nicely now though, with "just" the respray still to do.

Moz1000

Well the new owner of my wonderful 3200 collected it today and is now on his way back to Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
I've put him in touch with the forum so expect a new candidate soon, and please give him the usual warm welcome.
I don't know what forum name he'll choose - by he's a maths teacher so probably something like Pi, or Quadratic Man or similar!
cheers
Moz