selling my gransport replica 4200 (never did plan to keep it)

beau

so after a brief ownership i am moving it back on, i never planned it to be a long ownership because i want a granturismo but when i saw it come up for sale i just had to have it, and I'm glad i did, i have really enjoyed driving this, and honestly, it is (for me) better than the 3200, so hopefully it will sell quite quickly, i have tidied it up a fair bit, replaced lots of missing parts and gave it a service and fixed a major rear suspension issue it had (needed a new rear lower suspension arm) so it now drives in a straight line, quick polish and 20 dents removed and its looking far far better, it still needs more bits doing, but could be a good project and of course, it does look pretty stunning!

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...00-coupe-v8-gt-gransport-upgrades/5804979?v=c

StuartW

Wow, that was quick - have you even got the V5 back yet Beau?!
Good luck with the sale

beau

Wow, that was quick - have you even got the V5 back yet Beau?!
Good luck with the sale
yes it has just come back haha, but yeah when i bought it i knew it wasn't going to be a keeper - i want my granturismo! :)

StuartW

yes it has just come back haha, but yeah when i bought it i knew it wasn't going to be a keeper - i want my granturismo! :)

Fair enough and you will LOVE the GT when you get one, such a delight and one year in it still gives me goose bumps (and the local villagers headaches!)

allandwf

Great looking car, and as others have said, a great price. Best wishes re sale and getting the GT.

beau

Why not fix the outstanding issues Beau?

well i just want my next car, and i think no matter what, someone will find something wrong to knock you down on, I'm selling my porsche as well, and i have prepped it for sale, and people still want something for nothing!

rockits

Looks good Beau. Looks like you have spent a few quid getting it part way right. We do know how much you paid for it though!

If you can do me a nice special SM member price I'll take it.

rockits

Beau...close your eyes/ears ;)

Looking at buying Beau's 4200. Anybody think it is a good or bad idea? Or any thoughts?

Wack61

personally I wouldn't buy a car with an ABS light on , if it's only £100 to fix it it really needs to be done to sell it , I think that's why it hasn't sold because it does look nice

Spartacus

You really need to fix all the problems before you sell it . People will just think its been neglected other wise

StuartW

You really need to fix all the problems before you sell it . People will just think its been neglected other wise

Agreed, they are relatively cheap fixes and whilst you may not get this money back, I could well be the difference between the car selling or not selling

beau

Agreed, they are relatively cheap fixes and whilst you may not get this money back, I could well be the difference between the car selling or not selling

Yeah I do agree, but with 6 cars to sell, and 3 currently non runners, I honestly do not have time to be fixing abs lights, I took it to autofficina and they plugged it in and all it came up with was near side rear sensor, they quoted £800 in total, Stuart parts guy quoted £175 for the part, and I could fit it my self, but I don't have time, busy with work, I have cars here I haven't got round to fixing from September :(

Wack61

£175 plus a couple of hours labour it'd be well worth paying somebody

Problem is people will think it's a Maserati, could be £300 could be £3000 , most will have to pay somebody to do it so they'll either bid you in the conkers or walk away.

A fan not working I could live with but an abs light killed my jag for me after I'd spent £350 trying to fix it and gave up

rockits

Thanks all. Useful info. I will have a bit of time and a nice workshop soon to do some work so can fix most of the issues needed I should think. I am guessing the ABS light will mean no ABS? I am also guessing that could cause an issue with insurance in the event of any claim for or against. Also an MOT failure?

beau

I'm confident it just needs the sensor/hub unit, they read the codes and he went under the car and did somethings to the sensor and said yeah it's dead

And yeah would need fixing for next MOT - it has MOT until end of Feb