Project Spider Anyone?

StuartW

This looks a pretty exciting project which could be a whole heap of trouble or something quite simple - hydro-locked or electrical issues?
The roof needs to be repaired and it has a wonky bonnet but other than that, it looks quite straight. By the looks of the MOT history, it was driven a lot in it's youth and then next to nothing for a few years before being back in commission in 2015 - 2016.

It's also just a few letters away from my 3200 AC reg which was RL51 EXE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Mase...697223?hash=item4b02fd3a87:g:pikAAOSweWVXcnej

Contigo

Sponsor
Tempting but once bitten twice shy. Needs to be £4k for me to even contemplate it.

zagatoes30

Dependent on the engine issue repair or a spares kit, given the way mine has been eating bits recently it looks interesting

Swedish Paul

You cannot repair the fabric of the roof. And I wonder if something is wrong with the struts to cause the damage in such a way. So new roof fabric.

conaero

Forum Owner
The car is also 2 different shades of silver front to back. If you can see that from the pics it will look terrible in the flesh.

highlander

Recorded as cat twice since 2002......Is that even possible? If so, this has been one unlucky car.....poor thing :(

allandwf

Yes they can be written off twice. If you could fix everything for 8k then may just about be viable. Seems a bit of a gamble to me.

Wack61

I always think, it's a business , if it were a simple fix they'd have done it and be asking double so that tells me it's not a simple fix and will cost a packet to put right.

If as they say no water entered the car for the insurance to pay out it must have sucked water into the engine so my guess is it's wants an engine

Danny

Huge gaps between bonnet and front bumper on the NS, which means that the car was repaired by a monkey after the 1st write off. I wouldn't touch this car

conaero

Forum Owner
Huge gaps between bonnet and front bumper on the NS, which means that the car was repaired by a monkey after the 1st write off. I wouldn't touch this car

To be fair I see this a lot. When you remove the front bumper there are several shims across the slam panel. Novices pull the bumper and the shins fly everywhere. Not knowing where they came from they get binned and the result is a poor fitting low front bumper that looks terrible.

A double write off is OK aslong as the quality of the repair is good and the purchase price reflects this.

Write off cars are just lazy insurance companies!

Wack61

Write off cars are just lazy insurance companies!

IMO Exotics get written off when they're a few years old because of the £1000 a week like for like hire cars and accident management fees more than laziness on the part of the insurance

When you see 4k quotes to fix a bumper on a QP and Phil does it for £450 , add on a weeks like for like car hire and a 14k QP could easily get written off for a scratched bumper, crazy

If parts aren't on the shelf it can take weeks to fix them

StuartW

IMO Exotics get written off when they're a few years old because of the £1000 a week like for like hire cars and accident management fees more than laziness on the part of the insurance

When you see 4k quotes to fix a bumper on a QP and Phil does it for £450 , add on a weeks like for like car hire and a 14k QP could easily get written off for a scratched bumper, crazy

If parts aren't on the shelf it can take weeks to fix them

Agreed, my AC was a w/o as a result of an osr corner knock which needed lights, a bumper, a bootlid and the rear quarter straigtened. It had no chassis or suspension damage and was fully driveable.