Anyone fancy a cheapie Lusso?

allandwf

That could be a nice wee project for someone. Slowly climbing in value now, 4-5k for a nice one.

lisknik

Pointed that out to a few mates of mine yesterday, I'd have a go at it if I had the cash and it wernt so far north!!

Interesting 164 on there at the mo, one problem with it, it was on another salvage site two weeks ago.............

allandwf

Its not too far from a couple of us if anyones interested. I already have a Vela blue V6 GTV in bits so no space here.

2b1ask1

Special case
Hard to see what the problems are from the photos, seems to point to mechanical?

allandwf

Hard to see what the problems are from the photos, seems to point to mechanical?
Gearbox is in the fault/damage description, also starts drives for loading purposes only. A lot easier to repair mechanical damage than bodywork in most cases.

lisknik

Unusually it is a private sale, not a salvage/insurance sale, that seller lists a few private sales on there.

midlifecrisis

Interesting that there's an autoextend facility on the auction site, something Ebay should do to combat last minute bidders.

lisknik

Interesting that there's an autoextend facility on the auction site, something Ebay should do to combat last minute bidders.

15 seconds per bid in the last minute, it's annoying ;) I bid on the trucks on my bosses behalf, but it is more like a proper auction.

2b1ask1

Special case
Pay £70 quid a year for an account ;)

This, my account is currently lapsed but this is various independent yards all over the country using a common auction thread for disposing of vehicles that are repairable as opposed to total scrappers. Occasionally you will get ones like this that have probably been taken as a trade in with a transmission problem at rock bottom money, can't go on a forecourt so a local yard has underwritten it and punts it out as a repairable.

A bargain to be had maybe. I don't need another Alfa at the moment, remember however that there are fees on top of this figure.

outrun

Gearbox transplant and new clutch etc can't be that hard. How much is a salvage box for one of these?

lisknik

Gearbox transplant and new clutch etc can't be that hard. How much is a salvage box for one of these?

Had to replace the gearbox on my 156 V6, which I think is the same box. Second hand box cost me £250, got the entire job done for little over £500

conaero

Forum Owner
Just depends it the sheared diff splintered and all the bits are in the main cogs.