Thinking of selling my 2003 4200 - maybe

djmhall

Draft (and long winded) advert below.

Welcome any expressions of interest via PM, or comments / advice on price before I post on Pistonheads.

I may yet change my mind of course - it will be a wrench after 6 1/2 years and 60,000 miles!!!

Dom

2003 Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa
=====================

The short version…...
2003MY car in Nettune Blue, with grey interior / bordeaux trim and leather headlining.
4 owners from new. Full and extensive service history, 99,500 miles, Sports springs, high efficiency cats and fuel efficiency ECU module. Summer and Winter wheel and tyre sets. Some spares. MOT June 2017. £XX,000

The long version………….
Much loved, loyal and reliable daily driver and family transport deserves a quieter new role having served us well for the past six and a half years and 60,000 miles. My children will kill me if I do sell the car, but I always said I would keep the car until it had 100k miles on it and although I know I will regret it, I do feel like a change.

Extensive service history as shown below. Main dealers until 2009 after which Emblem Sportscars have looked after the car superbly. With the patina of daily use on country roads and two children clambering in and out, the car is never going to win a concourse event, but I think it reflects well on it's 13 years and mileage and is straight, original and totally unmolested apart from a recent front and rear bumper tidy. So no museum piece, but well maintained, loved and used.

In terms of modifications, the car has the sports springs from Formula Dynamics. This gives the car a much livelier character and banishes the roll and wallowing of the original springs. The car has a bespoke stainless exhaust cat section from Pro-Speed in Cardiff which made a startling difference to engine performance and increased fuel efficiency. On the subject of fuel efficiency, the car also has the Formula Dynamics ECU upgrade, with high torque and fuel efficiency modes. The car lives in fuel efficiency mode as frankly it's stupidly powerful anyway, and while a Maserati won't break any records for economy, it does give a genuine improvement in real world mpg.

The paintwork polishes up nicely, but does have a few stone chips and scratches if you know where to look. Inside, the grey leather is pretty good, with some wear in the normal places on the driver's seat, but again, really not bad for the age and mileage. The grey leather is nicely offset by the bordeaux trim which warms it and the leather roof lining is a nice extra. The car also has the later type cup holder rather than the earlier ashtray, a recent improvement I wish I had done when I first had the car.

The car was well specc'ed and has sat nav and a full phone - just add SIM card. The original 6 disk CD player packed up, so I replaced it with a Loudlink device so you can plug your phone in. It has heated front seats and position memory on the drivers side.

The car comes with two sets of wheels and tyres - summer seven spoke (shown) with good Falkens on and another set of the multi-spoke wheels which have winter tyres on, plus some spares.

And if you have read this far, you might be interested that the original owner of the car was one Jamie Oliver, saviour of school children, as they put it on Top Gear.

Service History

2/6/16 99,115 Emblem Sportscars
New F1 pump and Oil pressure sender fitted, MOT

16/3/16 98,602 Emblem Sportscars
Replaced thermostat and water temp sensor and fixed small water leak. (Clutch wear 65%)

14/10/15 94,768 Emblem Sportscars
Annual service & MOT, plus new rear discs and pads (Clutch wear 58%)

24/07/15 92,236 Emblem Sportscars
Failed gearbox actuator replaced, plus later type banjo bolts fitted to improve shift. (Clutch wear 57%)

Also in 2015
Small paint repair to front & rear bumpers (Oct)
New number plate lights & loom (Dec)

22/10/14 84,845 Emblem Sportscars
Annual service & MOT (Clutch wear 51%)

Also in 2014
Carbon cannister replaced 27/1/14
Passenger seat motor replaced
New front discs and pads

9/10/13 (76,241) Emblem Sportscars
Annual service & MOT

Also in 2013
New door locks

17/10/12 67,807 Emblem Sportscars
Annual service & MOT (Clutch wear 15%)
8/3/12 62,729 Emblem Sportscars
Replacement of clutch position sensor

Also in 2012
Rear brake discs and pads replaced (Jan)

6/10/11 58,124 Emblem Sportscars
Annual service & MOT. (Clutch wear 8%)

30/6/11 55,735 Emblem Sportscars
Clutch replaced, inc new flywheel, release bearing and spigot bearing. Also fitted new F1 pump as precaution and carried out 4 wheel alignment.

Also in 2011
All 4 Lambda sensors replaced (June)
New drivers seat lumbar support (April)
Custom sports cats and centre exhaust section fitted (May)
Formula Dynamics sports springs fitted, plus new rubber spacers on struts.
Formula Dynamics ECU module fitted with economy and high torque settings

20/10/10 50,049 Emblem Sportscars
Annual service & MOT (Clutch wear 72%)

5/2/10 42,943 Emblem Sportscars
New OSR track control arm rose joint, steering gaitors & 4 wheel alignment

20/10/09 39,342 Emblem Sportscars
Annual service (Clutch wear 50%)

25/09/08 32,170 Dick Lovett Cardiff Annual service
07/06/07 31,244 Dick Lovett Cardiff Annual service
26/09/06 26,240 Dick Lovett Cardiff Annual service
07/09/05 19,007 Meridien Modena Annual service
29/10/04 17,983 Lancaster Colchester Annual service
17/11/03 10,902 Lancaster Colchester Annual service

MaserFront.jpg
MaserFront2.jpg
MaserRear.jpg
MaserRearQuarter.jpg
MaserSideRear.jpg
MaserInside1.jpg
MaserInside2.jpg
MaserInside3.jpg

MaserWheelR.jpg
MaserEngine.jpg

Andyk

I am loving the long advert...always think it someone is willing to go into that much detail then they have probably looked after the car...if you can fit all that in on PH I would use it. Made me want to make you an offer....Lovely car and advert.

StuartW

Agree with Andy, it really does come across that you are very fond of the car and really don't want to part with it. But good luck with the sale and your next purchase - another Maserati maybe, if only to keep the children happy?!

Wack61

good advert but I bet you're the same as me, when somebody comes to look at it you'll hope they don't want it

djmhall

Thanks for the nice comments and yes you're right, not sure actually I want somebody to buy it.

GeoffCapes

What would you put it on for??

I was thinking that. Even with those miles, because of it's condition and where it's been looked after, I was thinking £15k.
And someone would still be getting a lot of car for the money.

safrane

I sold mine in 2011 with similar history but 72k on the clock for £12,900. Prices have changed a little since then.

Andyk

Always hard to price a car touching 100k........It looks lovely with some tasty upgrades.....Hard to say what to put it up for.....Just start high as you can always come down.

Ewan

I doubt it'd make £15k, as one with half the miles can be had for that. I sold my 2005 QP to Phil for that, and that had only done about 50k miles from memory. For a private sale I'd be thinking more like £12k. But you may as well start slightly high and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Wack61

mine has the same mileage but not as complete history and is a year older but has just had a complete body restoration and repaint, wheel refurb and new tyres, good spec, skyhook,xenons,climate,cruise , I was asking 12k for it but that was a "if I can't get something close I'll keep it" price

If you really want to sell it i'd put it up at £11,995 and see if anyone is interested , if you're not desperate you've got a few months before the season starts to wind down into autumn so now is the time to get it advertised

Contigo

Sponsor
I doubt it'd make £15k, as one with half the miles can be had for that. I sold my 2005 QP to Phil for that, and that had only done about 50k miles from memory. For a private sale I'd be thinking more like £12k. But you may as well start slightly high and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Yep 15k and I sold it for exactly the same 4 months on (nice free motoring there)

philw696

Wow what a service history would be a good car for someone with such a precise documented history and two sets of wheels etc.
Still my favourite in the modern Maserati family.
Don't do it take it up to 200,000.
Phil.

Andyk

I think this is the nicest non face lift 4200 I have seen for sale for some time....Love the stance on the car and think you have priced it just right.......The miles will always put some off but your advert should help greatly with that......If I had the money I would be sorely tempted....Good luck...

highlander

Going to buck the trend on this. Yes, 11-12k for a coupe maybe needing a little tlc because of the years/miles but this looks like a top example needing nothing but petrol so cannot understand the price consensus on this. IMO if this example was left hand and for sale on the continent it would be €20k every day of the week at least so once again the very British obsession on low mileage holds back "real" driving cars in preference for garage queens.........rant over, breath taken :)

jluis

Can't understand your obsession with mileage.
I see lots of Maserati adverts here for sale over 100.000 km on the clock.
Germans go for 150 or 200k easily.
I just bought my self a 525d as a daily driver with 190.000km and it goes like a train without drinking any oil at all.