Thinking of selling my 2003 4200 - maybe

rockits

I was very tempted to buy this one instead as it looks well looked after. A safer buy than the 4200/GS hybrid I have taken on. I do love a challenge!

leeq61

I was very tempted to buy this one instead as it looks well looked after. A safer buy than the 4200/GS hybrid I have taken on. I do love a challenge!

Glad to hear you bought the 4200 in the GS kit off Beau. Would be interested to see and hear what you'll be doing to it.

Lee

rockits

Glad you think it was a good idea. I'm still trying to convince myself! I'm sure it will work out OK. I'll keep you posted as to developments. First thing to fix is the air con! Got stuck in a ton of traffic back from Southend and it was very very hot. Diverted to see the GTi-6 on the way home and bought that as well so a productive day.

leeq61

Glad you think it was a good idea. I'm still trying to convince myself! I'm sure it will work out OK. I'll keep you posted as to developments. First thing to fix is the air con! Got stuck in a ton of traffic back from Southend and it was very very hot. Diverted to see the GTi-6 on the way home and bought that as well so a productive day.

Everyone loves a project or maybe thats just me. I'm sure it wont take you long to get the car up to standard. GTi-6 as well as the 4200GS you have been busy :happy2:

jayblue

I'm sure you will enjoy the GTi-6, i had one for years and despite its shortcomings (mostly niggly cosmetic issues) it was a truly great drive. Had so much fun in it, my favourite car except the GS in fact.

Hope the project 4200 works out too!

rockits

Fingers crossed ;)

The last resort & get out of jail card for the 4200 if more goes wrong or it becomes less cost effective it to break it. I'd rather keep the 4200 whole & working then use it then I'll feel less guilty about the other 4200 sitting in the garage most of the time.

I had a GTi-6 as a company car for a while back in 1997 so know them pretty well. Great drive. Not a rattle from this one inside anywhere. Needs a few minor bits but drives really well. The documentation/history is quite amazing to find a quite rare on such an old car.

allandwf

I had one too. Good for short journeys but I found the seats too soft, crippled me on long journeys. Those were the days I did 40k miles a year.

djmhall

Well to answer the earlier question, if the guy pays the deposit, then the car is sold at £8,750. It may seem crazy as there is virtually nothing wrong with it, but its been on the market for a month or two with next to no interest.

It has to go, although it deserves to have gone for more! If it falls through, I will say so...

beau

eBay auctions are a waste of time, very very rarely will the person be a genuine bidder, you need to just stick with piston heads/ebay classified advert

philw696

EBay classified ad is the way as it gets rid of the chancers/no hopers who are going to waste your time.

Andyk

Well to answer the earlier question, if the guy pays the deposit, then the car is sold at £8,750. It may seem crazy as there is virtually nothing wrong with it, but its been on the market for a month or two with next to no interest.

It has to go, although it deserves to have gone for more! If it falls through, I will say so...

What a bargain......What a great car for the money..........

djmhall

Deposit secured, so looks like a done deal.

Quick questions to the floor...

I have two sets of wheels - the car is going away with one and I will be selling the other. Car was sold with multispoke wheels and winter tyres on. Separately I have the 7 spoke with good Falkens on as shown in the advert. What is a fair cash difference for the 7 spoke over the multispoke? Both refurbed at the same time. Both good, but with one mulispoke reas has been lightly kerbed (shame!!).

Also, I have the Formula Dynamics ECU unit with fuel efficiancy and hihg torque settings. What is fair value for that - but minus loom as I won't be pulling the loom out of the car?

Dom

maverick

Ref wheels , it's a difficult one ,I suppose the 7 spokes are more sort after but personally I prefer the multi spokes. I would sell the car with multi spokes as you mentioned because unless some one has damaged one than no one is really going to want them but the 7 spokes some one may want to change up to them . I would say about £600 To exchange if he doesn't want to pay that than sell them separately and probably get more but I could be way off but you know how people like to overprice everything on here untill there have to pay for something than want it for nothing .

djmhall

Thanks - I was thinking c £500 for the uplift, so in the same ballpark. I am also not sure how easy the multispokes with winter tyres would be to sell. Maybe i was the only nutter driving a Maserati in all weathers - although it was fun on the white stuff with the right boots on!

maverick

I use to drive my car on all weathers though the winter and never really had a problem but of course the weather down south is rarely that bad , what I did in the end was to buy a £250 car off eBay with 12 months mot machanicily sound but crappy body work ( scratches , dents and faded paint work but no rust ) of course it probably cost more to keep and run than a set of winter tyres but you only need some other idiot that thinks there can still drive the same speeds in the ice to plow into your pride and joy and game over ! I love my crappy Alfa 147 I couldn't give to hoots about it so I don't bother washing it I bounce it up kerbs over speed bumps , reverse it untill I nudge the post behind me and best of all park in car parks and not be worried about parking dings . It's a great feeling

highlander

I'm with you Mav, my Alfa GT has done neatly 130k now, yearly serviced so mechanically sound but looks pants with faded paintwork, dings, scratches and light rust. Park it anywhere and don't worry compared to the constant fret of finding a "safe" place for marci when out on a run......