Thinking of selling my 2003 4200 - maybe

GeoffCapes

Going to buck the trend on this. Yes, 11-12k for a coupe maybe needing a little tlc because of the years/miles but this looks like a top example needing nothing but petrol so cannot understand the price consensus on this. IMO if this example was left hand and for sale on the continent it would be €20k every day of the week at least so once again the very British obsession on low mileage holds back "real" driving cars in preference for garage queens.........rant over, breath taken :)

Spot on Greg.

I bought my 4200 with 79k on the clock and it didn't bother me one bit as I saw that it had clearly been looked after.
It had a new clutch, a full service history and the previous owner clearly fixed things when they needed doing rather than wait until the car wouldn't run any more.
I'd like to think I'm doing the same.

The reason behind my 15k valuation is that I was offered 18k for mine by a guy who said he loved the colour combo and the noise.
Told him he'd need to go a bit higher than that for me to part with her. I spent too long looking at **** for me to sell her at that price.

BRR

I think as these cars get older people will be more accepting of higher mileages as they now are with Porsche's, at least you know these miles are genuine where as I question the validity of all the Gransports that keep appearing with only 30-40something K on them year after year

Looks a really nice example, though I do wonder why people put Tyres such as Falken on these cars, the price of decent rubber isn't much more and IMO makes a world of difference to how they feel to drive

djmhall

I found them to be fine and a good balance of grip and compliance on our terrible roads. It certainly wasn't an economically driven choice.

Andyk

Same here Dom......Been looking down the side of the sofa for spare cash Dom but none there... :-( And you are not far from me see an easy purchase.......

Stewart

Thanks for the nice comments and yes you're right, not sure actually I want somebody to buy it.

I have just had someone turn down my Spyder as it was not quite what he was expecting ....what a dxxx relief , if there are any buyers online, she is for sale to a good home.
Look her up on Autotrader .

allandwf

I have just had someone turn down my Spyder as it was not quite what he was expecting ....what a dxxx relief , if there are any buyers online, she is for sale to a good home.
Look her up on Autotrader .

What was he expecting, an arachnid? ;)

Paco

Typical, I get my head down and work hard for a few years, avoiding the forum so I don't get tempted, then I just take a quick peep having a couple of shekels coming my way and this turns up. In my home town. Tell me it has sold.... Please???!!!

GeoffCapes

Typical, I get my head down and work hard for a few years, avoiding the forum so I don't get tempted, then I just take a quick peep having a couple of shekels coming my way and this turns up. In my home town. Tell me it has sold.... Please???!!!

It looks good, it's been well looked after. What you waiting for?

djmhall

I remember you Paco I think! Hindon??

No its still here and while I will really miss the car, it now has to go. I have just gone ahead with another car, sadly not a Maserati this time.

Dom

Paco

I remember you Paco I think! Hindon??

No its still here and while I will really miss the car, it now has to go. I have just gone ahead with another car, sadly not a Maserati this time.

Dom

Hi Dom, yes tis me! Still working in Salisbury but living near Wimborne these days. I may have to pm you about this car...

Patrick

djmhall

Now on Ebay as well as PistonHeads.

I said on the advert that I might sell the car with one pair of wheels and minus the ECU, so could be a real bargain for somebody.