Workshop & Garage Project

rockits

Well I have started the first of two projects. The first is to rework & extend the stables a bit and make it into a nice workshop/garage. The second will be to extend the garage.

Good start today. Disconnected all existing lighting cabling. Laid row of bricks for base plate. Managed to remove a section of the existing stable face to be moved forward. Will do the same with the other two sections. Idea is to take the 3 single stable doors and make a double set for driving cars in/out with a single door for pedestrian entry/exit.

My dad was a plasterer by trade and builder for many years. I have been on-site with from 8 years old & always helped him a great deal on any home projects/builds/extensions. Never laid a brick in my life although I have knocked up a ton of gear labouring for him many times.

The stables will become a workshop and garage for 1-2 cars. Doing this with my brother in law and we will take on a project car maybe a kit car build now or after when complete.

I have no idea if people are interested or not but will post our progress & some pics along the way. Hopefully by the end of the year we will have space for 5 cars garaged. Looking forward to the end but I'm sure it will be a reasonably long road.

Wack61

I've started a big for me project , so far I've filled 2 x 8 yd skips with about 15t of soil using a shovel and a wheelbarrow , when the orangerie is built I'll be having a go at flagging (northern for laying paving slabs) so well done for having a go, plenty get a man in , I was quoted 2k for the groundwork , stuff that, it's almost done for free apart from the skip hire £350

safrane

Great work the two of you.

Darren...no need for the gym for a while I guess.

Rockits...great recycling of the old building. Charlie and I are looking at places in the sticks and I have seen loads with similar equestrian facilities and thought what a waste for us.

Di you have a menage?...if so it could be a great place to practice donuts!

rockits

No menage I'm afraid but keep talking about a dune buggy or something that we could fly around the garden on!

We have been asked maybe 50 times since we moved 2 years ago if we would rent out the stables & land. It was rented before we moved but we are not horsey people & wanted to explore other options with the land. Also didn't like people coming onto our land at all times as the privacy/quietness is the main reason we moved.

We wanted to re-use as much of the old materials as possible for various reasons. Environmental, cost, look and ease of project. Made sense to do it this way.

It has mains water and power there already so won't need too much work to make it into workshop/garage. Can also be turned back into stables easy enough

safrane

Don't blame you on the horse front esp after your recent experience. Do love a girl on a horse...all that tight leggings and whips... but thats another thread!

Oh I recall my sister (Mounted Section) at a match...somone asked why her horse was so sweaty...she retorted "if you spent three hours between my legs you would be sweating too"

Wack61

Oh I recall my sister (Mounted Section) at a match...somone asked why her horse was so sweaty...she retorted "if you spent three hours between my legs you would be sweating too"

She sounds like a game girl :D

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Don't blame you on the horse front esp after your recent experience. Do love a girl on a horse...all that tight leggings and whips... but thats another thread!

Pete, I take that was Lancs Mounted. What is your sisters first name?

rockits

LMAO.....Three hours....that is a long time!

Stewart

Looking good, just wasted £50 on 20x9 tent/gazebo for Spyder to keep bird s..t off, but it's been so windy up here ..still in box.

Stewart

Any photos please..

Wack61

No menage I'm afraid but keep talking about a dune buggy or something that we could fly around the garden on!

I know somebody with a 2 seat road legal G W Moon buggy , bought it as a project but it just sits at the back of his garage gathering dust with 2 flat tyres

JDB

I'm about to eBay a Manco Dingo off road kart, it's a 6hp single seater if it's of any interest?

rockits

I was thinking a dual seater might be better to sit in with the kids rather than them being on their own but I'll certainly have a look/think.

Any details/price you can send over to look at?

JDB

Will get it out the shed this week and will take some pics. My son was driving it from about age 7 or 8 with a block on the pedals and it's big enough for an adult too. It'll do a max 25-30mph unrestricted, it's brilliant in the snow for drifting or towing the kids on a boogie board. It had a new replacement engine fitted and looks the same as this one with a rear cage:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/xljimmy89/Picture062.jpg
Would want £400 for it

Needamaser

With all the thread drift on here we should be able to edit the thread title.
In here we have dune buggies wanted/for sale , unused gazebo wanted and a policewoman with attitude on a horse in addition to what we expected to find when opening up the thread and we are just onto page 3!

conaero

Forum Owner
With all the thread drift on here we should be able to edit the thread title.
In here we have dune buggies wanted/for sale , unused gazebo wanted and a policewoman with attitude on a horse in addition to what we expected to find when opening up the thread and we are just onto page 3!

That's just the way we roll :)