Workshop & Garage Project

rockits

Possibly...bit of a project car this one though so unlikely to be ready & done until spring maybe summer.

rockits

Managed to get most of the garage cleared now & the 4200 out of the workshop then over to the new garage lift to try for size.

I knew I needed to replace the old up & over garage door for a roller door but thought I would try it to see how it fit/sat.

Now I am not really a very lucky person per se in the main. However I have just got very lucky this time for sure. The moons have all aligned & the lift, the 4200 the garage door all work together in perfect harmony. Means I don't need to replace the garage door at all if I don't want to as it works all as is. Sure it is reasonably snug but has enough tolerance that it is not uncomfortably tight.

I can now still open the garage door open & close with the 4200 sat in the stored upper position. I never thought that this would be remotely possible but surprise surprise it does!

11d9eb83d953c07db628752c70c04c96.jpg
aa1aac729f7c34f34e3c7275ba3bd3fb.jpg
19d526f8462491df66bcfa959fce9f4e.jpg
672525cb0c21ac873055ca0d305c34bd.jpg
3d216203aaf6ea6d0827c52d915427fa.jpg
4f08eac5166e0619b0d9ba140b780faa.jpg

rockits

Thanks mate.....getting there.

Need to pop some soffit boards up as they are wide open. Then pop some insulation in between the rafters for a couple of feet then board everything.

Need to get all the lights all wired in & up then might take a break. Got the TVR bodyshell being delivered tomorrow morning from Holland so that will be my winter project taken care of!

rockits

Thanks Dave. I'm sure there will be plenty of projects & work it will get used for so the blood, sweat & tears will be worth it.

D Walker

Appreciating how you engineered the door mm perfect.
Laser survey or mk 1 eyeball...........lol...

Gp79

Yikes, that is a big project!

Where's the rest of it?

Is it right that the chassis on those was poorly coated when new and suffered corrosion? (familiar story!)

rockits

It's not too bad as the chassis on my car is very good. It also had new Gaz Gold coilovers, new Stainless Steel braided hoses & new 4 pot calipers with new vented drilled discs so is in pretty good shape.

Just the body had a couple of issues so a replacement body was going to be the best long term option. Easy enough process that many have done before so just need to strip & prep the body to be resprayed. Take the body off my car and pop the new body on....simples

Gives me a good chance to give the chassis a clean & coat while the body is off as I might as well do that when the opportunity is there. Might do some other bits & bobs as I come across them.

Got the body supplied/delivered from Holland by some cracking Dutch guys into their TVR's. A bigger project than I really wanted as my time is precious at the moment but sh1t happens....deal with it!

Indeed many suffer from a corroding chassis but due to lack of maintenance as they are quite exposed especially the outriggers. Looked after though they are tons better than Maser frames as you well know.

Funny thing is most of these cars are so much better now 20 odd years on than they ever were when they left the factory. Most that have been enthusiast owned have been upgraded and/or modified not necessarily to be faster or anything but to be more reliable/better.

rockits

Little gem of a thing that....great drive. Wanted to get that upto scratch with the SL but will have to get the TVR done now first.

So much to do so little time!

philw696

Cant beat a Project have a couple of my own with the XJC and Mini Clubman 1275.
Stops us doing other silly things I guess.
Keep us up to speed with the progress Dean :)

rockits

Cant beat a Project have a couple of my own with the XJC and Mini Clubman 1275.
Stops us doing other silly things I guess.
Keep us up to speed with the progress Dean :)
Will do indeed. I'm hoping 6 months so some use in summer but seems ambitious according to the Dutch guys. I've always been over ambitious but not a bad thing I guess. Problem is start this project until I've finished the garage project!

Rewired & installed the strip lights last weekend with a few.other jobs. Need to install soffit boards, insulation the lower rafter sections then board it all to help keep it draught proof & warmer. Then I can start on the Chim.