Med Blu 4200 For sale

Corranga

The Maserati interior seems to be a much more robust and better quality than the F car one. However the best by a country mile is in my 07 Alfa GT. The economies of scale, I guess

I think it's more down to Alfa upping their build quality then due to criticism with earlier models. The 4200 obviously has some Alfa 166 era parts (stalks - possibly others).
The leap in quality from an Alfa 156 / 166 to the GT / Brera / 159 is a country mile!

Andyk

Funny that Alfa did something about the build on the GT as I could see and feel that whenever I drone....shame it went down hill again with the 159.... The quality seem to go back with these.

CatmanV2

The GT was streets ahead of both the GTV and the 156 I think. Mrs C had a GTV same time I was driving a GT, and I stepped from the 156. The 147 is not that far behind though.

C

D Walker

Well,
The funds are in the bank and I am officially Maserless,
Thanks to Richard Grace for handling.
Busy looking at QP and Ghibli now, suspect Diesel Ghibli is the obvious sensible choice!!!

safrane

Hope the new avatar does not symbolise heading off into the sunset of super car ownership!

D Walker

Hope the new avatar does not symbolise heading off into the sunset of super car ownership!

Definetly not Peter, you don't get rid of me that easy, I wanted something that reminded me of good times, like the car.

That is sunset from the little rice boat we were on in Goa!!!

safrane

Goa?....is that not where old Brit women go to snare a young native boy!!!

Or it was when I last read an article on the place.

D Walker

Lol, never heard that before!!!
Jamaica or Barbados I would have thought more likely all though Goa is cheap once there!!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Well,
The funds are in the bank and I am officially Maserless,
Thanks to Richard Grace for handling.
Busy looking at QP and Ghibli now, suspect Diesel Ghibli is the obvious sensible choice!!!

No, don't do it! The cost of fuel is minimal against the cost of depreciation, a Quattroporte 4.7 S would cost less over 20000 miles than a diesel Ghibli or QP.

Wack61

Good advice there from Dickie , all most people look at is the cost of fuel and tax , when I bought my Impreza a guy at work laughed at the 22mpg and £500 a year road tax , he wasn't laughing so much when I sold it for more than I paid for it 2 years later while he'd paid out £9000 for a ford Kuga he didn't even own, he'd only done 14,000 miles in it

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Lol, you don't have a couple for sale per chance,
Will be a couple of month I think!

I did the maths to prove a point to my mum years ago. I ran my 07 Gransport for 18 months and 18000 miles for less than she did her 1.4 Diesel Polo. When all things are taken into account, add it all up, it's a pleasant surprise.

D Walker

Don't worry I will,
Need to start reading all the Qp threads I think to get up to speed to see what to look for, it's either that or wait a year, get a cheap diesel run around and wait for a GT.
Just need to see how things pan out at work in next 3 months!
And the house to sell, was pleasantly surprised by valuation!!

allandwf

^ Exactly what I do with my "toys". Run them for two to three years and ,hopefully, recover the purchase price and a little to cover running costs. Except the AC as I'm keeping her :)

D Walker

I lost a little on the car " price" , not counting clutch and service, that's proper man maths!!!

Just a necasary buffer required in our interim lifestyle change!!!

Wack61

Nowhere near as much as you'd have lost on a brand new focus over the same period

D Walker

Yup, as I had to justify to thr guys at work, one admitted to losing 18k on a Merc in 3 years, some of them get it, some don't, they all have "nice" cars but like I said to them, do you open the garage and admire your car under a cover, then take the cover off, open the door and sit, then sit a bit more and say to yourself, is this really mine?
Answers on a postcard - not one of them, it's an occasion - not just driving!!!!

Ewan

A modern Ghibli (deisel or petrol) will cost more to buy and more to run (inc. depreciation) than a QP V, while also being less beautiful and less sonorous. So unless you really want a newer car for the sake of it being newer, I can't see why you would want to pay the extra.

The Ghibli needs to be in the teens before I'd be tempted, and I imagine that's a couple of years away. Even then I'd probably go the QP VI route as here in Dorset space isn't an issue where I live/park/drive.