"Brand new" unique WHITE RHD Shamal anyone? Yours for £108,000 GBP

merak_ss

http://www.lorbek.com.au/stock/details/1996-maserati-shamal-1011634_326812

326812_1011634_32-vn2.jpg

326812_1011634_15-vn2.jpg

"MASERATI SHAMAL 1996 TRAVELLED ONLY 4,398KMS FROM BRAND NEW AND STILL IN AS BRAND NEW CAR CONDITION AUSTRALIAN DELIVERED AND COMPLIANCED. Garaged, stored, rarely driven and barely seen sunlight. Sat in storage almost all its life under a car cover. ONE OWNER FROM NEW and sold by us as a new car in 1996 to this most fanatical fastidious owner, special unique one-off order in Bianco Alpine White (the only one in the WORLD!) and air freighted especially for our client who has owned it from new and never ever let anybody else drive it. Only serviced by Auto Sprint with MAJOR SERVICE just completed by Auto Sprint including all fluids replaced and full 20 year inspection completed. This is an opportunity to secure this very rare specimen with genuine low substantiated verified and certified 4,398KMS FROM NEW. This ULTIMATE 1990's distinctive exotic supercar is simply irreplaceable with factory documentation confirming that it is the only white example in the WORLD. Suite astute collector, investor who wants to own this rare, as brand new car. Complete new car documentation, factory specification build sheet, all new car books, service books, handbooks, new car delivery documentations fitted with factory optioned OZ Racing wheels with receipt of purchase from Maserati. This super rare supercar has international collector appeal and will sell quickly. If you want what nobody else can get, then inquire ASAP on this one and only WHITE Maserati Shamal with ONLY 4,398KMS. Must be seen to be believed. Indistinguishable from new, literally still in brand new car condition, complete with new car smell. Totally original and as ordered when brand new and virtually still like new. An incredible purchase at only $220,000. We think it is worth a touch more, however for a quick sale today we will accept $220,000." [$220,000 Australian dollars = approx GBP £108,000]

VIN: VINZAM339B0000320035

Andyk

Very lovely and never used....One for the collector at that price me thinks.

Ewan

Don't like the colour or the wheels, but it is a rare opportunity. Hard to tell whether the price is good or bad, as impossible to find another with such low mileage.

It'll be interesting to see what the black RHD Shamal makes at auction next month.

StuartW

I'm a huge fan of the Shamal but white with blue leather & wood inserts - on a Shamal? No thank you!

GeoffCapes

Don't like the colour or the wheels, but it is a rare opportunity. Hard to tell whether the price is good or bad, as impossible to find another with such low mileage.

It'll be interesting to see what the black RHD Shamal makes at auction next month.

I'm hoping my lottery numbers come up before the auction. I'd love that Shamal.

Shamrock

That custom exhaust with single pipes sticking out looks terrible. Otherwise cool in white.

Ewan

I'd not looked at all the photos, but you're quite right. That non original exhaust is horrid, as is the terrible brown plastic faux-wood hi-fi. All easily corrected though.

zagatoes30

Not keen on the white but I could live with the blue interior, where are you going to get another one with this mileage. Personally I would rather have Ewan's old blue one

Massa in Perth

Why are these cars commanding such high prices? Anyone care to enlighten me on why one is better in any way than my 3200GT even though their 10 times the price?

Each to their own and all that but I don't see it.

safrane

Suppy and demand...hiw many Shamals are there with minimal miles and concourse condition?

I am sure a new 3200 would be close to £70k if available and when its another 10years old that would surely be double.

Massa in Perth

Suppy and demand...hiw many Shamals are there with minimal miles and concourse condition?

I am sure a new 3200 would be close to £70k if available and when its another 10years old that would surely be double.

I hear you but there are four cars on that site, including one with 85000kms for $180k AUD. Might have to lay up the GT for a decade or two.

Ewan

Considerably less than 50 RHD Shamals were built, as opposed to over 1000 RHD 3200's, and that alone effects value greatly. And they don't have the throttle body, end float, or potentiometer issues to worry about!

urquattrogus

Considerably less than 50 RHD Shamals were built, as opposed to over 1000 RHD 3200's, and that alone effects value greatly. And they don't have the throttle body, end float, or potentiometer issues to worry about!

Oh dear, you hit a nerve with that last sentence! :)

Ewan

Though I have to say, neither of my 3200's had any of those issues. I can't recall any significant problems with mine at all. Which is maybe why I'm strangely drawn to the green 3200 GTA on Ebay. Only one owner and 25,000 miles from new, and "only" £13k. Can't be many left with that low mileage.

StuartW

Plus these are the asking prices, it's not to say that they will achieve these numbers when sold

Massa in Perth

Agreed on all points. Mind you as cars are cannibalised for their crankshafts (can't buy 'em new) the numbers of running 3200s should reduce somewhat.

jluis

Agree that the 3200 were produced in much higher numbers but the amount of crashed cars out there and the fact they were so cheap at a recent point in time means any idiot could buy one and drive it to the ground will surely reduce their numbers to rarity soon.

Just look at the one that showed up at wheeler dealers with 9 or 11 previous owners ...

And yes, even with the reliability issues on the 3200, as they get closer to collector items that won't matter anymore. They won't be driven frequently.

Just think of all this temperamental Italian sports cars of the sixties and seventies that go for big money now.
The 3500 gt had such a terrible injection system that some owners retrofitted the old Webber carburetors to get rid of it and they now sell for hundreds of thousands.