BizBuz

Hi again everybody, sorry I cannot believe it is almost a year since I last posted - Aaagh ! I am still on the chase and hope my project will come to fruition soon. I am looking at a 4.7 S, one question that niggles, as I had a bad experience with a previous car, are all the gadgets on the exec worth it. For starters, I aim to be driving most of the time, while I am sure the folding tables look great, but do they ever really get used?? 4 zone aircon, fine but not a deal breaker, but I suppose my real question is if you have lots of goodies which might be fun to play with, is it worth complicating your life? Any thoughts? I am sure the general assembly and manufacturing is of high quality, but in my experience electronics and electrical gadgets hate not being used, so go wrong and need fixing! Final bit, one on the cars I am looking at is an exec with the DVD player, is it really possible to view it from both seats, and is it any good?? or is it just a pain, and knocks the drivers elbow the whole time? Thanks for any thoughts and comments.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I have now found two QP's, both Sports GT and both similar KM on the clock, one 2008 pre-facelift with a ZF box the other a 2008 post facelift, with the dual shift.

I thought that ALL the facelift models (LED Lights, new console, vertical bars in grille) had ZF boxes, whereas some pre-facelift were DS and some (later ones) ZF ?

Facelift.jpg

BizBuz

Yes my mistake, sorry ! Cannot think why I said that, perhaps it was early on in my search and I got confused. I now know better !

One further question thought, regarding the infotainment system, on the facelift some systems have the Maserati badge, and some the Bose badge, apart from the obvious visual difference of the knobs either being by the screen (Bose) or below in a separate unit, are there any life changing qualities available on one or the other, sometimes it is the little things that make all the difference ! I have heard about touch screen, playing DVD's on the screen and ease of use?? I have tried to find any hard facts of the major differences between the two but have not found any. Thank you anybody for any enlightenment or opinions on day to day use.

BizBuz

Has nobody got any first hand experience with the two different models of Infotainment system I ask about on the facelift QP? Thank you for any comments how ever radical !

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I have, the rear entertainment is dreadful, don't bother, it does knock the elbow too. Far better to buy two iPads and some straps to put them on the headrests. Bose Stereo is good but really complicated, standard one is fine.

Alfabaz

BizBuz, the gadgets aren't important. You will be too busy enjoying the driving experience, the sound, and the aesthetics.

BizBuz

Dicky hi, thanks for the comment, there is a good rear entertainment car out there at the moment in Europe, is it easy or possible to neatly remove the central screen and wire in two separate screens which could be stored behind the seats? I am sure I could organise the wiring, but I suppose it is a case of what is under the screen foot, I suppose it is the standard arm rest with several holes in it? Any ideas anybody please !