Drivers door mirroe glass

Frooty

My drivers door mirror glass has become badly misted and needs replaced, the housing is fine it's just the glass I need.

I obviously did a Google but haven't been able to find one yet.

Anyone know where I will get this, not in a hurry so don't mind even buying from overseas, or by chance does someone have one for sale?

Frooty

justhb

If you have the Chromatic type, unless you have money to burn, go for a standard one for £80 OE. The chromatic one was quoted to me as circa £870 + VAT and all it is is two pieces of glass sandwiched together and a small wire coming off it!!

ManInBlack

That is the Eurospares price, plus delivery of course, checked it out recently! I'm replacing mine with a standard mirror glass, my QP is in a Autoshield for the 56k service tomorrow & the mirror glass!

CatmanV2

That is the Eurospares price, plus delivery of course, checked it out recently! I'm replacing mine with a standard mirror glass, my QP is in a Autoshield for the 56k service tomorrow & the mirror glass!

It's not. Although I was confused and thought this was for a 4200, it's still only £50 for a GT

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/m...nd-external-rear-view-mirrors-43243/980145013

Even the whole mirror is only £420

Unless senor Frooty is a QP driver? Eurospares are not listing a price for that.....

C

ManInBlack

The price quoted earlier IS definitely the price for the QP, I called eurospares for the price as they don't list it as you say! Looking a frooty's profile he indeed does drive a QP!

Massa in Perth

I prefer standard glass anyway, the chromatics on my QP aren't particularly helpful, and sure as h*ll aren't worth even a quarter of the asking price.

rs48635

The 166 mirror body is identical to the 3200 but unsure about QP, will check in daylight.

Top TIP - keep the old broken glass to use as a template, then get a mirror cut to size. Use the original heated backing plate from broken glass and stick to your new glass.

Of course I threw my shattered glass AND heater element in the bin somewhere on the Pyrenees mountain roads. Doh! I did score a generic replacement mirror in halyards bargain bin for one english pound. Re-titted flapping mirror to shopping car with 3M self-adhesive pads, very sticky but pricey at two quid :D

rs48635

My temporary one pound door mirror was recently released into the wild, while coming back form tyre fitting.
Chanced my arm at local halfrauds, no bargain bin this time but got one which uses the exact same click mount. The mirror glass is not identical shape, but is a good fit. Might get someone out of a jam. Really unnerving swapping cars and NOT having driver's side mirror. Especially when making progress on M1 or trying to reverse park
:( Model SRG-255B. >Might even butcher it to add heater element.

image.jpg