Detailing 4200

Vampyrebat

I managed to grab around 1.5 hours on tuesday so i could do the wheels and grab a couple of pictures along the way. No sign of sunshine to at 6pm ish so the paint isnt popping as much as it does in the sun. The end results are :

View attachment 36521

View attachment 36522

The wheels were cleaned and then waxed followed by a quick wipe over with quick detailer. Tyres were treated with meguires tyre gel applied with a sponge and then the excess removed after 5 minutes with a micro fibre cloth.

No sign of the sun and it was just starting to rain so i grabbed a couple of quick pictures of the car in evening light taken around 8pm. I will try and take some more pictures as the soon is out again and im not working. These should give you an idea of how it turned out.

View attachment 36523

View attachment 36524

I plan on building up the wax layers when i get chance. I may well apply the G3 wax as a second and third layer and finish again with the detail spray.

The supernatural hybrid wax is much harder to put on. It gives a similar finish to the G3 wax but should last longer. The G3 is quick and easy to put on with a waffle hand applicator. I would say the supernatural takes at least 50% longer to apply.

G3 you have to remove within around 5 minutes of doing each panel otherwise it becomes more difficult to remove. Its also difficult to remove at dusk or if there is a risk of rain. I guess its affected by the moisture level in the air. In comparison the supernatual you can wax a complete side of the car and then buff off and its still easy to remove.

It has rained since application and the beading is good so overal the supernatural seems a fairly good product. If it lasts anything like as long as claimed then it is worth the extra effort to apply as a least a base layer and apply a couple of layers of a softer wax over the top of it.
You didn't buy your 42 from a chap in Widnes by any chance did you. I went to see one in your rare colour about a year ago and I see you are also from Cheshire.......Bit of a coincidence me thinks!

spkennyuk

You didn't buy your 42 from a chap in Widnes by any chance did you. I went to see one in your rare colour about a year ago and I see you are also from Cheshire.......Bit of a coincidence me thinks!

No, that one wasnt the one i bought. The widness one came on the market about August / September time last year. I picked mine up in may. Mine was a private sale before it hit the market.