Screen Wash Habit

MrMickS

Has anyone else got a Ghibli that goes through screen wash as the same rate as Bill Werbuniuk used to down pints?

I seem to be going through 4-5 litres a week of the stuff. I know that having the Xenons means that when I clean the windows the headlights get a good wash as well but it still seems a little excessive.

I've checked around the tank and there are no signs of a leak so I can only assume that its normal for it to use this much.

P R

From what I can gather, the first time you wash the window with the headlights on the headlights get a wash too.. after that they don't.. Mine seems to last months and I always like my windscreen clean

MrMickS

I suspected a leak so took it back to the main dealer but they couldn't find anything.

Looking at the floor under the car the only spot that gets a damp patch (ooer) is in front of the o/s front wheel which I suspect is from the air con.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wack61

Are you putting it in neat or buying the (waste of money) pre mixed stuff

I remember that cold winter we had here ,2010 I think , they store all the pre mix outside on the motorway services petrol station , it was all frozen solid

MrMickS

So another 10l in two weeks! Think I've found the problem though. There was a patch of water in front of the offside front wheel. Looks like there is a leak from behind the headlamp washer. This figures because the near side headlamp washer doesn't get any liquid.

Car booked in for JCT600 to look at it.

MrMickS

I doubt it. Still I've got one very clean wheel and tyre where it leaks onto.

Wack61

You know what that means, you don't have one clean wheel, you have three dirty ones

MrMickS

So the verdict is it needs a new headlight washer unit which they don't have and Maserati won't commit to a date for. So I'm picking it up later and will have to drop it pack when the part arrives.

MrMickS

Part arrived today so over with the car to get it dropped off before I head to London tomorrow. Should be ready on Friday which means I won't have to feed the screen wash habit during the trip to France and Italy

philw696

So the verdict is it needs a new headlight washer unit which they don't have and Maserati won't commit to a date for. So I'm picking it up later and will have to drop it pack when the part arrives.

Just done one on for the same reason.
Comes complete both head light washers and pipe work.
R/H one was the culprit.
All done under warranty.

Redlake27

Just done one on for the same reason.
Comes complete both head light washers and pipe work.
R/H one was the culprit.
All done under warranty.

Glad it's fixed. I have exactly the same issue now, but I'm out of warranty :(

I'm reluctant to buy a whole washer unit as does work (well, splurts water all over the front of the car in a fashion) . Do you know if it was just the pipe that was broken?....if so, I'll poke around under the wheel arch and see if I can mend it.

Any advice welcomed!