Project 4200 anyone

Contigo

Sponsor
It's got your name all over it Phil, what price do you reckon would make it viable £5k ?

Yes as Phil says lack of history and colour will kill this car dead so when finished it would need to be priced right to sell, plus being a manual it has even less of a target audience. I'd say £4-5k is a fair price and then it's at least a £3k spend to sort out all the bits and bodywork. You need a buyer lined up before sale for these sorts of projects (my preference) as you need them spun out of the door as fast as possible.

Corranga

We spoke price. For info, I offered 4 (then 5 absolute max) and he refused.
I talked him through where I see the money being spent. He responded that he didn't consider someone would take the car that far (mainly rust removal / respray), and thought it'd be bought and repaired and run as a rough looking example.
He offered £500 off the list (so 6,750).

Also, it's definitely green. I decided it wasn't a colour I liked that much at the time too! ;)

Contigo

Sponsor
Well he will struggle to sell it then, it's up to him. Even at 6750 it's not a cheap car, if you took that to a main dealer for prep it would cost in the region of £6-7k to put back to something like normal.

jluis

We spoke price. For info, I offered 4 (then 5 absolute max) and he refused.
I talked him through where I see the money being spent. He responded that he didn't consider someone would take the car that far (mainly rust removal / respray), and thought it'd be bought and repaired and run as a rough looking example.
He offered £500 off the list (so 6,750).

Also, it's definitely green. I decided it wasn't a colour I liked that much at the time too! ;)

Sure, there will de droves of people in queue to buy an italian car with rust issues...
Its not like they are known to have weak anti corrosion properties or its not like rust eats away the body if not adressed quickly ....

Corranga

My 944 was galvanized too, it delays rather than prevents Rudy really, accident damage takes the surface off, or the plastic bumper vibrates against it wearing down to the metal etc.

I'm sure he'll sell it, but as you say, for how much, who knows.

Chris

Needamaser

Would think anyone interested should call PK Supercars to see if they know anything about it as chances are they will have seen it at some point.