What's the market like?

beararse

Hi Bob, yes a dealer has offered £36,500 but I thought it was worth more on a private sale. Maybe I'm being a little optimistic though.

safrane

Only answer if you wish to, but was that to buy it off you or as a PX. The latter is often influenced by the amount of profit in the other car.

Contigo

Sponsor
I've noticed that ADG have had no GT/GTS stock for a long time so is it a case of don't want them rather than can't get them?

They are crying out for them. The one I bought was sold within 12 hours of being on the web.

Dyer3200

As a prospective buyer, interested to hear the differing opinions but if the market is flooded with cars how can ADG be crying out for them ?

iainw

As a prospective buyer, interested to hear the differing opinions but if the market is flooded with cars how can ADG be crying out for them ?

At the right price!
Seems a few people are trying to sell them privately.
Phil's was a great buy at a good price - but they would have to have bought it relatively cheap from a private seller - and most private sales want 40+.

Contigo

Sponsor

Exactly what Ian said, they buy cheap and then sell higher just like any other dealer. It's the same, if you want your pants pulled down go to a dealer and trade it in this is especially true at a main dealer of Ferrari and Maserati.

If it were me selling a GTS then I would give it to a dealer to SOR it.

Dyer3200

As I suspected more to do with the spread

To the OP I also looked at your ad and as nice an example as it is I was put off by the mileage (then I realised it was auto anyway) maybe an ask of £39,995 would generate some interest ?

Wack61

There are more standard ones surely? I think the issue is private sales. I'd not buy one without a warranty from a dealer.

Is that just because of the new consumer rights act that came in last year because I thought dealers just added a third party warranty in the price which you can buy separately and add to a private sale.

Looking at cars for sale the difference between private and dealer isn't great enough for me to give up those rights on a 20k car let alone a 40k one but if the difference was 5k or more I'd probably take the saving and buy a third party warranty

iainw

As I suspected more to do with the spread

To the OP I also looked at your ad and as nice an example as it is I was put off by the mileage (then I realised it was auto anyway) maybe an ask of £39,995 would generate some interest ?

Agree with Dyer - that price would attract more interest - it still wouldnt be cheap. MC Shift definitely still seem to hold a 1-2k+ premium over the Auto.

bigbob

Agree with Dyer - that price would attract more interest - it still wouldnt be cheap. MC Shift definitely still seem to hold a 1-2k+ premium over the Auto.

Yep MC worth more but they cost more new and they tend to have lower miles. For the OP I would be tempted to trade as it will not be easy to sell privately even at £40k. I don't believe this is just a Maserati thing as I would say the same with an R8, 911 etc. Have you considered changing another car as well? A few years ago I traded two cars for one - net cheque back to me - and I was happy with the prices.

G

Guest 1678

Yep MC worth more but they cost more new and they tend to have lower miles. For the OP I would be tempted to trade as it will not be easy to sell privately even at £40k. I don't believe this is just a Maserati thing as I would say the same with an R8, 911 etc. Have you considered changing another car as well? A few years ago I traded two cars for one - net cheque back to me - and I was happy with the prices.

Big Bob is on the money. Even cars at 30k are difficult to sell privately, as I found with a Range Rover. I have also gone down the 2 for 1 route and it worked for me.

iainw

Big Bob is on the money. Even cars at 30k are difficult to sell privately, as I found with a Range Rover. I have also gone down the 2 for 1 route and it worked for me.

Agree totally with Bob on this one. If you can get anywhere close to 40 on it I would go for it.

craigjenkins

Hey all,

Bit of input from you guys if possible. My GTS has been on the market for three months at what I think id a realistic asking price, its this one

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/...earchad/new,nearlynew,used/page/1/sort/locasc

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...mo-m145-s--------------------2010/5442792?v=b

To date I've had three calls, and some e-mails from the far east. Am I missing a trick somewhere?, I know there's little demand for these cars overall but I thought my pitch would have generated a little more interest. What would you guys change, if anything?

All critique welcome as always :)

My QP has been up for some weeks now and after couple of calls the first weekend its been quiet. Again cheapest 4.7s by far on autotrader.
I put it on ebay last week as quite cheap to do that, and it has generated a fair bit of interest. which was the idea.
Bidding got to 24k and i had it advertised for 26.5 at that time. Didnt make my reserve price but not a million miles away and more than the part ex price i'd been offered.
So a worthwhile exercise i felt. I have now taken heed, lowered by autotrader ad and re listed with a slightly keener reserve.