The Low Loader Thread

Corranga

No low loader yet, but having just MOT and taxed it today, I’m stranded waiting for recovery.

4200 GT with a gear stick that doesn’t appear to be connected to the gear box. I should be worried about this one right.. :eek:

CatmanV2

No low loader yet, but having just MOT and taxed it today, I’m stranded waiting for recovery.

4200 GT with a gear stick that doesn’t appear to be connected to the gear box. I should be worried about this one right.. :eek:

Broken cables?

C

FIFTY

Maybe cables as C suggested or shift mechanism on the LH side of the gearbox has come appart (you may be able to see this by looking under thr car)

Corranga

Obligatory picture, they sent the big guns to move my car about 5 miles!

The fore and aft movement cable had come off, seems our it’s supposed to stay on by friction but it’s worn and just pops off really easily. We quickly made a bracket and bolted it on via the counter weight on the gear change arm so it can’t fall off, car fixed in less time than it took to wait. If I was more mechanically minded I probably could have done something at the side of the road, though not sure I’d get under it enough on the ground.

Zep

Picked the top boys to do it though! Probably the cheapest lowest value car they've moved in a while.

It is stored at Rogers, but it was picked up by Dan, the SI transporter of choice.

And you are right about the value, they were loading an A6 GCS at the same time.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Mine was collected this week by a very nice man with a covered trailer. Apparently £2.25 per mile, measured from my house to the destination. Sound about par for the course?

Zep

Mine was collected this week by a very nice man with a covered trailer. Apparently £2.25 per mile, measured from my house to the destination. Sound about par for the course?

I am paying about £1.72 in this case. If it was Rogers it would probably be close to your number.