ChipsAway - Any Opinions?

D Walker

I am looking at calling them in for a quote - Road rash, chips on bonnet and other places and alloys.
Am I right in thinking that the alloy wheel repair with be merely powder coating rather than the full sand blasting and filling it is properly?
I had a guy do mine, wasn't chips away, but he used to work for them, he used a grinder/ flapping wheel to tickle out the scrape on wheel, then coated it. All good..
He also did a lot of wet and dry rubbing.

Sommi

That's alright by me. Thanks Dave.
As long as it holds out against pressure washing if wheels, it's good for me.
I dint want stuff I have just paid for washing off with the next snow foam wash.
Hopefully the rest if touch up will hold as well.

markjc

I had a guy do mine, wasn't chips away, but he used to work for them, he used a grinder/ flapping wheel to tickle out the scrape on wheel, then coated it. All good..
He also did a lot of wet and dry rubbing.

Dave
Did you use him on the bodywork as well or just the wheels? And can you let me have his details as I have a few chips on the nose / bonnet that could do with tidying up

D Walker

Dave
Did you use him on the bodywork as well or just the wheels? And can you let me have his details as I have a few chips on the nose / bonnet that could do with tidying up

I didn't, just wheels, I will dig his details out.

Fangio63

Used Steve at the Reading Branch for chips and minor dings.. and taking 10 years of shopping trolly dents out of my wife Landrover... including a dent in the roof (still don't know how that one happened... Very happy with his work.... His branch do a lot of the prep work for the Lancaster Jag / Aston franchise... and he knows his way round the exotics..