Nice looking face lift 4200

rockits

Good price & nice colour combo. Wheels/tyres seem not right. Do they seem like 19's but tyres seem stretched or is it my eyes?!

philw696

Looks facelift to me with the front grill and back bumper and the standard 4200 7 spoke wheels.
I have both sets for mine but I prefer for the early Assetto Corsa spoked wheels at this moment in time.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I read the advert as a late 2004, with the 2005 facelift modifications retro fitted. It does say 'featuring' in the advert that could be taken as 'retro fitted'.

rockits

Your right Andy...couldn't see the 18 bit on my phone 1st time. Are 7 spoke stock wheels all like this? I thought they had flatter faces. These seem to project out off the face a bit. They just stand out a bit too much for me. Maybe a satin finish slightly flatter & a tad darker would help for me.

I think that is the only change I would make to my 4200 by having the wheels a bit darker rather than the stock bright silver.

Andyk

They are 18 inch wheels i believe as well....but you got me thinking now as well....

Yes did think if it had been retro fitted...

safrane

It is a face lift car as they also changed the clock faces...unless he swapped those as well. Also the cup holder which is a face lift give away.

My first 4200 was a revised 2003MY car yet there was plenty of older stock registered later than mine...in fact I think mine must have been one of the first in the UK.

To give you some idea of how the market has risen over the years, I sold mine in 2011 with 72k on the clocks for just short of £13k. At that time most of the comments on this forum were that it was only worth scrap value and would be a risk to purchase due to high miles. That was despite its perfect yearly services from Meridian and Emblem the last being less than 200 miles ago with a full clean health check.

Ewan

Looks a good buy, especially for someone wanting an occasional weekend toy so the mileage won't spiral.

Must be an early facelift, as I don't believe anyone would make all those changes retrospectively. And it's not the first 04 registered facelift model I've seen either.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Second thoughts you wouldn't change the clocks, very unlikely, so one of the first facelifts I would now say.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Definitely a facelift, it was 05MY, plenty of which are 04/54's, I know of at least one which was an August '04 plate facelift too.