Replacement buttons for an MC Shift - '1 and R'

enjybenjy

Bumping this thread...does someone know who actually manufactured the original switches (1, R)? Surely there is a spec for the switch itself rather than the whole console. It should be a standard part but with the overlay on the button. Any ideas? Also, how do you remove the F1 centre console to get this panel out - I will take mine to bits and have a look for a replacement if so.
My switches have finally lost their look with the coating now removed etc.

Thanks!

Gazcw

Bumping this thread...does someone know who actually manufactured the original switches (1, R)? Surely there is a spec for the switch itself rather than the whole console. It should be a standard part but with the overlay on the button. Any ideas? Also, how do you remove the F1 centre console to get this panel out - I will take mine to bits and have a look for a replacement if so.

Thanks!
Matt may have spares or reach out to #stickyPlastics who refurbs buttons.

Twinspark

Thanks!
Call Roland at sticky plastics over here and he will set you up.

Completely transformed my GS switch panel made it better than new and his rates are way more reasonable than his competitors.

azapa

I have to say three years later (wow) that I never got around to replacing mine, and the bother (OCD) went away. I'd rather not dig in there potentially breaking other bits, tabs etc. I'll do it one day!

Last edited:

enjybenjy

Indeed. Take your unit or buttons out (I just sent my buttons), he refurbs and sends back.
I can advise how to get them out if needed.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
On a different note, I’m very happy to see that the founder of this thread has updated his avatar.

conaero

Forum Owner
For customers to purchase and have fitted on site, exchange yes.

You must be due a service soon :)

Lavazza

For customers to purchase and have fitted on site, exchange yes.

You must be due a service soon :)
Hi Matt, due in November, but may bring it early. My sale fell through, so the GT S has stuck around (no hardship). I would definitely go for an exchange on switches, unless I do end up in a Strad after all.

conaero

Forum Owner
Hi Matt, due in November, but may bring it early. My sale fell through, so the GT S has stuck around (no hardship). I would definitely go for an exchange on switches, unless I do end up in a Strad after all.
I have a lovely 4 seat Strad for sale if it might be of interest