GS Prices

m1980k

To answer Safrane's point:

The average year of full leather cars for sale in Feb'15 was 2005.4, in Apr '16 it was 2006.3. BUT the average year of cars for sale was 2006.4 last August and it was 2006.3 in April this year, so no real change in average age. And over that period full leather cars saw prices increase by 9.1% (if you look at the chart, prices bounced around early late year and then the real rise started in the summer). So the data suggests that age has not been a factor.

m1980k

Great work and very interesting. I agree - mileage and condition more important than age for a GS given limited life. So only 7 GS for sale in the UK. Any chance of the data which shows number for sale over time? Feels like this is a very low number compared to last year.

All Cars For Sale
Feb2015 12
Mar2015 11
Apr2015 8
May2015 10
Jun2015 11
Jul2015 10
Aug2015 9
Sep2015 10
Nov2015 13
Dec2015 10
Jan2016 8
Feb2016 7
Apr2016 4

Remember, only cars with ads live on the first of the month will be included. We're also missing data for March due to a change at Pistonheads. Only 3 full leather cars advertised by dealers at present. Average price £32,863. But they're all blue...!

G

Guest 1678

I think it is a great piece of work and given the available data really helps to show a trend.

As always and the wise words from MAF and Conaero - condition and history to which I would add and the spec that you want (although that will be harder with a diminishing number of cars)

hilts uk

All Cars For Sale
Feb2015 12
Mar2015 11
Apr2015 8
May2015 10
Jun2015 11
Jul2015 10
Aug2015 9
Sep2015 10
Nov2015 13
Dec2015 10
Jan2016 8
Feb2016 7
Apr2016 4

Remember, only cars with ads live on the first of the month will be included. We're also missing data for March due to a change at Pistonheads. Only 3 full leather cars advertised by dealers at present. Average price £32,863. But they're all blue...!

Thanks - very useful.

outrun

As always and the wise words from MAF and Conaero

Drunk on a Friday afternoon Damo?

Does the data have any way to separate Category listed cars? I wonder that given the small number of monthly adverts, a large percentage of Cat C and Cat D vehicles would send the stats downwards? It may be useful to attain a view on where those cars are being priced. There's a least one for sale today which we all know about.

jayblue

An interesting read, thanks for the work putting it together. Seems to confirm that there is at least a small trend toward an increase in asking prices, how far that trend conditions remains to be seen.

conaero

Forum Owner
Its the time of year they rise too, suns out, people want to be out there showing off, me included :)

m1980k

Does the data have any way to separate Category listed cars?

I have the text from the ads, so might be able to pick them out. I expect excluding privately advertised cars will get rid of most of the cat cars.

voicey

Good work - I'm glad you've been able to make use of the data.

If anyone wants to do this for another Maserati model then I'd be happy to share the data...

MAF260

If anyone wants to do this for another Maserati model then I'd be happy to share the data...

The lanky ginger goon will be all over an offer like that. I decided yesterday that he's a mix of wheeler dealers Mike Brewer and Edd China. Mike China has a certain cachet...!!

image.jpg

Andyk

It's no surprise prices are on the up....very limited supply of GS adds variety value to what is a great car and with the shift towards more everyday type cars collectors and buyers wanting an exciting Maserati will keep prices high especially for good examples.

Martynh

Very interesting, the rise was more than I was expecting. I need to get on board before the ship sails!!

Contigo

Sponsor

Yes please scrape 3200 figures and pass them onto m1980k :D

m1980k

I've got the same data for all Maserati models. Just need to find the time to do the analysis. Should be a bit quicker as there's no need to separate tech cloth and leather cars.

allandwf

I've got the same data for all Maserati models. Just need to find the time to do the analysis. Should be a bit quicker as there's no need to separate tech cloth and leather cars.
Just auto versus manual versus AC ;)

m1980k

A quick quarterly update on GS prices.

GSC_Jun16.png

GSP_Jun16.jpg

Only full leather cars from dealers are included - we're already dealing with a small number of vehicles here. If there's only one tech cloth or two private cars on the market, it's difficult to draw conclusions from their prices.

Usual caveats apply. These are average predicted prices so not a precise guide - value will vary a lot depending on condition, service history, colour, etc.

Looks like prices continue to increase at a roughly 10% annual rate. Higher mileage cars have seen the biggest jump over the past 12 months, but that happened at the end of last year. More recently it's been lower mileage cars that have been on the up. But that could of course be due a low mileage car in poor condition being replaced on the market by one in good condition. I think the 35k miles numbers are most reliable as that seems to be the most common mileage.

Interesting to note that there's a privately advertised 20k miles car on Autotrader for £35k.... and only 4 cars for sale in total.

safrane

They do appear to be rising in asking price...but I note that they do not appear to be selling as quickly as before.

allandwf

A lot of stuff is not selling as quickly as before. I think many people are taking stock of recent events and will wait a few months before taking on a large purchase. I can see them rise again possibly at the beginning of 2017 as people may put their money into usable assets. We may also see more being sold to the likes of Australia with the low pound as we did with a good few 3200 ACs.