Centennnial GranCab

conaero

Forum Owner
Brand new with delivery mileage and has grooved FD'esqu discs on it, am I missing something???

MAF260

That just doesn't work for me at all, especially when compared to the coupe version. Yellow calipers look dreadful against that colour (IMO) and the bonnet also looks out of place. I think with the black hood there's just too much going on - nasty!

MAF260

Brand new with delivery mileage and has grooved FD'esqu discs on it, am I missing something???

The GranCabrio MC isn't a convertible Strad. It looks like a Strad mostly, but doesn't share some of the same parts. Discs on the GCMC are steel, not carbon.

conaero

Forum Owner
The GranCabrio MC isn't a convertible Strad. It looks like a Strad mostly, but doesn't share some of the same parts. Discs on the GCMC are steel, not carbon.

I get that, but grooved discs, did they change on the GranTurismo S at some point as I am sure they used to be drilled only. I saw these same discs on a series 1 Straddle too, and raised the same question as I thought all Strads had carbon brakes???

MAF260

No idea about the grooves, I've only ever seen cross-drilled. Maybe they're a specific part to the GCMC and so £8m each from Maseripoff! All proper Strads should have carbon brakes.

StuartW

Yes, there is no convertible Strad but this is the closest, but not quite.

Agreed though about the bonnet & calipers. I think at this price, it could be for sale for a little while

BJL

The dealers are being offered the kitchen sink free grata to clear the parts bin. You would be surprised, or possibly not, at the fantastic trade in you could get. Smoke and mirrors .......

Andyk

Ewan

Chavy and nasty. As far as the looks go, this is everything a Maserati shouldn't be.

bigbob

I get that, but grooved discs, did they change on the GranTurismo S at some point as I am sure they used to be drilled only. I saw these same discs on a series 1 Straddle too, and raised the same question as I thought all Strads had carbon brakes???

Yep GT Sport facelift brought grooved discs. Means there is now a choice for GTS owners who need new discs.

conaero

Forum Owner
Thanks Bob new there would be a reason.

So I take it carbon brakes on a Strad was an option?...thought it was standard???

MAF260

Thanks Bob new there would be a reason.

So I take it carbon brakes on a Strad was an option?...thought it was standard???

Carbon is standard on all Strads. Steel is standard on the convertible that looks like a Strad, but isn't a Strad.

Andyk

The other bit for me is that nose vent looks great on the Coupe but is at odds on the drop top..........Def the Dick Lovett standard MC for me.

GeoffCapes

Carbon bonnets. Just no. Very Fast and Furious.

Shouldn't even be an option on a Maser unless painted.

MAF260

Carbon bonnets. Just no. Very Fast and Furious.

Shouldn't even be an option on a Maser unless painted.

Agreed, fine if painted. TBH I'm surprised it's actually made completely of carbon fibre - everything else is the original plastic or metal part with a single skin of cf laid over - actually heavier than the original item!!