Car SOS Tonight

StuartW

One of the better car shows for me. A new series starts tonight at 8pm on National Geographic if anyone's interested. It features the rather lovely Volvo P1800 but also Roger Moore sadly

conaero

Forum Owner
Indeed Stu, its a great show on a varied theme of Wheeler Dealers...and not contrived like most of these car shows seem to be these days.

Nice Cars, CHECK
One Gobby Blagging TIT, Tim, CHECK
One expert mechanic, Fuzz, CHECK

conaero

Forum Owner
[video=youtube;93vBZG-e_yQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93vBZG-e_yQ[/video]

2b1ask1

Special case
The three week deadline irks me but it is one of the better car shows, they do a lovely job of repairing them how the owner would want.

Zep

Fuzz is also an excellent drummer (for the Wonderstuff at the moment) and writes for practical classics. Not a bad CV.

conaero

Forum Owner
He was with a group called Pop Will Eat Itself for anyone who remember them back in the day:

[video=youtube;FcyTCoChsf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcyTCoChsf8&index=8&list=RD76wSk1j02_4[/video]

Fuzz is in the middle and at the back in the orange.

pwei_group_01.jpg

StuartW

I do remember - they never really floated my boat but he seems a top bloke all the same

MAF260

That was a sh1t band! Fuzz seems like a top bloke and I like Tim's chirpiness - he's less annoying than Brewer and has a lot more knowledge and mechanical sympathy!

midlifecrisis

I remember PWEI too and the wonderstuff but was more into the Inspiral Carpets, Stone Roses and other Mancunian bands...at the time.

Might give the programme a go...and the classic car show

After the Classic car show is another about drivers with attitude Sheene, Hunt etc may be ok and then the movie Senna

Zep

He was with a group called Pop Will Eat Itself for anyone who remember them back in the day:

[video=youtube;FcyTCoChsf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcyTCoChsf8&index=8&list=RD76wSk1j02_4[/video]

Fuzz is in the middle and at the back in the orange.

View attachment 35421

Haha. He was in The Poppies, saw them back in the day. Ironically I saw PWEI supporting the Wonderstuff a couple of years ago, they had a new drummer and Fuzz was playing with the Stuffies.

Gixerboy

Fuzz is now the Drummer with The Beat ,
Saw them a few weeks ago at the Roadmender in Nirthampton

He's a talented guy

MAF260

The Beat - great band! I saw The Selecter in London a few weeks back, they were excellent. Going to get tickets for The Specials when they tour later this year.

RSM Masser

After the Classic car show is another about drivers with attitude Sheene, Hunt etc may be ok and then the movie Senna

Had a car feast of TV last night. Watched 2 episodes on I player then the last nights of Classic Cars, ( you can't get enough of Jodie Kidd, you know - especially in those rather tight overalls) followed by the drivers attitude - I love Barry Sheene and James Hunt, what a sad loss, to cap it all watched Senna again - all that was missing was Rush!

Late for work this morning as I overslept!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
The Beat - great band! I saw The Selecter in London a few weeks back, they were excellent. Going to get tickets for The Specials when they tour later this year.

Special needs would be more appropriate. ;)

conaero

Forum Owner
SM Live band event???

I would be up for seeing an old group, a tear up some boozing in a swanky hotel???

conaero

Forum Owner
...back to the show, it was very good. I did say earlier that this show did not do the contrived stuff that all the other shows but then Fuzz stood in front of that Volvo and said it was verging on a scrapper and one of the worst he had seen, utter rubbish, it was solid and only had surface rust where it had been stripped and left for decades.

Roger Moore was a sport and found him very funny, especially the outtake at the end of the show where he told Tim to FOFF!!!

Ill be watching again next week.