We grew apart...

Gatito

My relationship with my 3200GT wasn't really the love affair I was hoping for. We went through some rough times - mostly personal and not related to the car, but then I do admit we had some electrical issues, too. Bottom line, she runs smoothly now and doesn't give me any headaches, but I'm afraid it's too late to fall in love again. I hope she'll find a good owner who will enjoy her more than I did.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...---------1999/5195764?v=b#4BwcMkAXlk8izmhs.01

gurke9.jpg

highlander

Good luck with sale, she is lovely. I liked your advert, a nice short summary of what it means to own one of these.

ChrisQP09

You're a tad too honest in your advert haha, I suggest editing it a little for a quicker sale.

Gatito

Well, probably I'm a little bit too honest... but then again I believe that the people in the market for a 3200 do already know something or the other about these cars or at least did a bit of research.. do we really trust those adverts that claim better-than-new mint conditions?

Contigo

Sponsor
IT's a shame, if you buy right you get a good one as I have found out. You also have to want to love her if you know what I mean! I was constantly falling in and out of love with mine. I took the GTA out for a spin yesterday after selling my QP and it does something to me that no other Maser has done yet.

Good luck with the sale

redsonnylee

I had a couple of very expensive years so can understand the end of the affair.

Best wishes with the sale.

StuartW

Sorry to hear that but it does now look a very nice car so good luck with the sale

EnzoMC

do like your ad - yep a little too honest but think the ad works :)

best of luck and yep you will be kicking yourself when she has gone

Gatito

hahaha, well, I'm not saying I will miss her a little bit. But it'll be better that way.

MrPea

Great advert, and I agree that it's written to nicely sum up what it is to have a Maserati. Tilt-shift lens of some sort for the photo? You've given me some ideas.

highlander

Great advert, and I agree that it's written to nicely sum up what it is to have a Maserati. Tilt-shift lens of some sort for the photo? You've given me some ideas.

My guess is one of the toy settings. I know my Sony dslr has a "toy" setting in JPEG mode but since I usually shoot in raw I have ever used it. Quite like the effect though.

Gatito

My guess is one of the toy settings. I know my Sony dslr has a "toy" setting in JPEG mode but since I usually shoot in raw I have ever used it. Quite like the effect though.

No toy, no tilt-shift... it's just good old-fashioned Photoshop.

G

Guest 1678

Good luck - I am sure somebody else will get the sentiment of the ad. I feel you have unfinished business with his young lady!

Gatito

Incidentally, do you guys think that it's a particularly difficult time to sell the 3200? A while ago I went on Pistonheads and Autotrader and bookmarked all similar cars and in the last month only one was sold.. It's also very difficult to guess the current market value, there's quite a price range for cars with roughly the same age and mileage (not to mention that prices here in the UK seem lower than on the continent). Any idea?

Ewan

I'd say you've priced yours in the right ballpark. But much depends on how much work is required, as you mention there being some rust to deal with, along with the more usual and expected imperfections on a car of this age/mileage.

The really good cars can sell quickly at this time of year. But one needing work will take longer.

Gatito

Actually, there isn't really any rust. Some rubber hoses, a bit of discoloured leather and the side window doesn't like to do its trick of coming down when opening the door. In other words, not a perfect car but one that you can happily live with. No work required..