We grew apart...

Ewan

You might want remove the phrase "virtually rust free" from the ad. Of all the words that are scary with aging Italian cars, rust is the big one! For me, that's the only off-putting comment - all the rest reads well and is representative of 3200 ownership. This'll make a lovely long term keeper for an understanding owner and I'm a little surprised it's not sold sooner.

I'm nearly through a very protracted car purchase at the moment, but if it falls through, I'll be looking for a blue 3200. I have one lined up for about 2 years times (if the current owner does decide to sell it then), but just in case, I'm going to buy one in the meantime as a safety net. So I may yet be back in touch.

Contigo

Sponsor
To be fair these cars don't rust compared to lots of others. They go around the rear arches and bonnet lip that's it. The auto we have has no rust on the bodywork at all.

Gatito

You might want remove the phrase "virtually rust free" from the ad. Of all the words that are scary with aging Italian cars, rust is the big one! For me, that's the only off-putting comment - all the rest reads well and is representative of 3200 ownership. This'll make a lovely long term keeper for an understanding owner and I'm a little surprised it's not sold sooner.

I'm nearly through a very protracted car purchase at the moment, but if it falls through, I'll be looking for a blue 3200. I have one lined up for about 2 years times (if the current owner does decide to sell it then), but just in case, I'm going to buy one in the meantime as a safety net. So I may yet be back in touch.

You're right... didn't think of this. To be honest, I'm quite surprised myself. I still remember the epic battle against rust my father was fighting when he owned a Alfa Romeo Spider many, many years ago.

Gatito

How funny... this afternoon I did receive a message via Pistonheads. Somebody asking me to raise the price, explaining that if we (those who sell their 3200s) would all do that, the market value of this car would finally start climbing. Which of course would only be fair, because the prices of the siblings from Maranello do climb much faster. Alright, that gentleman certainly has a point. But not all of us can or want to sit on their 3200 until this really happens...

allandwf

The asking prices are definitely on the rise for good 3200s, high teens to low 20s seems the norm at the moment. They can take an age to sell, and as you say if people don't want to wait a lower price may help, too low though and alarm bells can ring putting off potential buyers.

MAF260

How funny... this afternoon I did receive a message via Pistonheads. Somebody asking me to raise the price, explaining that if we (those who sell their 3200s) would all do that, the market value of this car would finally start climbing. Which of course would only be fair, because the prices of the siblings from Maranello do climb much faster. Alright, that gentleman certainly has a point. But not all of us can or want to sit on their 3200 until this really happens...

Was he called Phil??

Ewan

Phil would have wanted a lower price. He bought a 3200 (okay, minus a couple of brake pads) just two days ago for £4000!

Contigo

Sponsor
Not me mate, I agree with the sentiment of it but agree with you that not everyone can afford to raise prices and wait on the off chance there might be a buyer. Good cars will sell at the right price and bad cars will sell at the right price too! :D

Good luck with the sale mate...

Gatito

Thanks everybody for the comments.... and cross fingers I'll find a buyer soon. I'm not in a hurry yet and I'm sure I'll be at least a little bit sad to let her go, however, I soon need a little bit more... practicality.

Gatito

Finally I am getting some interest, let's see if anybody is serious and willing to pay a fair price. Incidentally, my wife wasn't too amused when I mentioned that I might consider a Quattroporte (given that one reason for the sale is that I need more room in the back and ideally 4 doors, though that is debatable). She believes we should get something German instead, which probably makes more sense, but just isn't that much fun (seems I already forgot the fun I didn't have in the 3200GT!)

alfatwo

The asking prices are definitely on the rise for good 3200s, high teens to low 20s seems the norm at the moment. They can take an age to sell, and as you say if people don't want to wait a lower price may help, too low though and alarm bells can ring putting off potential buyers.

Nice 3200Gt's are going for around 30k in Europe,AC's lots more ...so its only a matter of time

Dave

Jkulin

Speaking as one who went from a German model to a QP there is no comparison, divorce might be worth considering IMHO :)

rockits

What the OP needs is a really nice 2011 Jaguar XJ. Now if only I knew where there was a nice one going cheap ;)