Ghibli doomed

BJL

The really annoying bit is that Alfa are now openly boasting that the cloverleaf Guilia will have FERRARI ENGINE up front.
Don't I recall Maserati shouting that from the rafters a few years ago and it gave them instant kudos.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Might go some way towards explaining Phil's recent MX5 purchase. I can't see any other reason why!

Don't get him started again! :smile:

Anyway, I agree with Greg - even if Maserati is having an identity crisis the cars we drive are things of beauty and joy. Plus they sound and go fantastically well.

The really annoying bit is that Alfa are now openly boasting that the cloverleaf Guilia will have FERRARI ENGINE up front.
Don't I recall Maserati shouting that from the rafters a few years ago and it gave them instant kudos.

Agree - and as owners of Ferrari-engined Italian beauties we mustn't forget quite how special these cars are.

Think those sales figures are not too bad
Another smallish to medium increase would be welcome though
After all there is an exclusivity factor to be considered too

P R

They have stated in the past, cheekily I thought that they would limit sales of the brand to 75000 units per year. I think they will struggle to reach that even with the Levante...

hilts uk

I think the Levante will do better than expectations. Reviews have been excellent and they only need to take a few % of a massive market. We all better hope it works out as we won't see the Alferi or GT mk2 unless it does

bigbob

I think the Levante will do better than expectations. Reviews have been excellent and they only need to take a few % of a massive market. We all better hope it works out as we won't see the Alferi or GT mk2 unless it does

Agree with that. I would go and look at the Levante if I was allowed a petrol one.

outrun

Agree and I would be totally fine with it if they had a sportscar or two in the range as well. I'd have a petrol one too but...

safrane

The new 4x4 market is not driven by keen motorists but by a combination of fashion followers and company car drivers most of who would listen to Hello magazine or the Tax implications respectively.
If they capture those two they will sell well.
Selling to just their historic client base will not be enough hence why we (I) feel more and more isolated from the 'new' brand.

Ewan

I can see the Levante doing quite well, especially if the press quoted figure of £55k is broadly accurate. That's the price of a 3 year old Range Rover or Range Rover Sport, with 40k miles or so on their clocks and a finished warranty.

I'm a big Range Rover fan, but I have to say that the good reviews for the new Maser are encouraging and would make me think before automatically just renewing my Rangie for another.

A petrol version would be nice though. My RR Supercharged (petrol) gives me about 17mpg on average, so it's not as if the Maser would be worse!

Andyk

Maserati have flooded the market a bit with the Ghibli.....maybe flooded is the wrong word but Dick Lovett currently have 14 Ghibli's for sale which for a Maserati model is a lot.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
A petrol version would be nice though. My RR Supercharged (petrol) gives me about 17mpg on average, so it's not as if the Maser would be worse!

Yes know a few with the supercharged RR that like spending a lot a time stood at petrol stations, so there is a market for the petrol version for sure!
Mind you, the same can be said for the normal petrol car Maserati range too!

outrun

My Ghibli returns around 25mpg and I don't drive like Miss Daisy. I see no reason why a slightly higher torque version shouldn't achieve the same in a Levante, making the diesel even more of a poor choice to me.

bigbob

2017MY changes for North America on the ghibliforum.com

Interesting addition of sports seats and carbon options but no power upgrades which makes no sense. Lots of additional tech but does not really interest me.

They still have a 4WD option which is annoying for us.