2011/11 Jaguar XJ Premium Luxury 3.0 Twin Turbo Diesel Auto

rockits

I'm selling my XJ and link to ad is below as my brother is selling for me. However please feel free to ask any questions. More than happy to do a special deal for SM forum members.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Jaguar-XJ-Premium-Lux-3-0-V6-Auto-Diesel-4dr-Black-Pano-roof-Leather-/321972950873

I bought it about 18 months ago as a 1 owner Jaguar ex-lease car at 3 years old. Great colour & spec, drives spot on. Fast, smooth, comfortable & good fun to drive. Great value for money.

Full Jaguar Main Dealer service history. I've had 2 services done both at Grange Jaguar in Welwyn.

Would have kept but it was bought through the business as made some changes then. Some recent changes have meant it needs to go really as I can't take it as a company car as the P11d cost would be horrific on a £72k car!

Andyk

That is a lovely car...I ave always liked these and the presence on the road is amazing.....Good luck with the sale...

rockits

Thanks Andy. It is indeed a lovely car. Always wanted an XJ since my dad had a Series II back in the 70's. Nice and quick but I've averaged about 40mpg+ on mixed runs. Drives like a much smaller car due to the all aluminium body.

So much better than an XF for me. The interior is a big notch up on the XF & is a real nice place to be. I have just fallen out of love with Diesels now & with the Twin Turbo has plenty of guts. However their short power bands & boom/bust power delivery gets on my wick much of the time now.

I'm a petrol only kid now ;). Or maybe Electric or Hybrid at some point! I'll leave that door open.

Wack61

Safe too, I saw one on TV that had been in a head on collision with a mini, it was a mess but all 4 in the jag walked away , the occupants of the mini weren't so lucky

rockits

Always good to know you're in a big safe motor. One of the reasons I prefer bigger rather than smaller.

You can't have too much acceleration, braking, handling to get you out of trouble if you ever needed to. I'd rather have too much. You can of course have not enough!

midlifecrisis

Always good to know you're in a big safe motor. One of the reasons I prefer bigger rather than smaller.

You can't have too much acceleration, braking, handling to get you out of trouble if you ever needed to. I'd rather have too much. You can of course have not enough!

Couldn't agree with you more, I'm trying to educate my Mrs that braking isn't always the best solution in a situation. Especially slamming on!

Lovely car, like Andy says they have a 'presence' on the road.

D Walker

Can't you get one of those roof thing's for the bike....

Could do Andy, but sometimes need to store a bike in the back overnight as I work away Mon - Fri.

Mind you when my role moves offshore I wont be taking a bike but on the other side of the coin will only need a car for 2 weeks and it will just sit at Blackpool airport......

Scaf

I am on my 3rd 351 model, big, fast, economical and as someone has said a fantastic presence on the road, and as 'everyone' loves a jag they get respect too. I am planning a remap this year now my current one is just out of warranty.:cool:

GLWS

rockits

For a laugh I got a WBAC valuation on the XJ. Quite commical I thought. However does mean I might buy it out of the business for the moment.

alfatwo

You had some balls to buy a second hand XJ Jag with you own money..Rockits..It must be worth peanuts now..

what happened!

Dave

rockits

Not really. I bought it 3 years old for less than a 3rd of its new £75k price. It can only lose 100% of what is left for the rest of its days. I have been offered £19k but ideally wanted £21k.

Happy to buy it, run for a bit and sell whenever. It is a cracking car to own & drive as a daily. Not sure there is much better for that money in that sector for that type of car.

rockits

I know...I'm reminded each time I start it! Sounds like Weasel.

Gutted I didn't buy a SuperSport 5.0 V8 SC now ;)

Contigo

Sponsor
Yep that's the one to have, had a blast in the M5 with one on the toll road a few years ago and it shifted for a big barge!

Once our QQ goes back in a couple of weeks there are no Diseasels in the fleet and I am happy about that. Looking forward to driving the 260bhp family replacement SUV :D