Cat D Stradale - Super Trofeo

Andyk

Discussed before....it's no different from what I can tell...its been in accident and they have added a carbon bonnet. It's sales pitch I would say.

Andyk

As Mark said... I don't believe there is such a car.....there is a lovely standard one for sale in white at 69k which has less miles than the one Mark posted. It has the side graffics which I rather like if I'm honest.

StuartW

Indeed, my tongue was firmly in cheek!

I wouldn't mind a 4 seat Cat Strad, pre repair at the right price, and fix & spec it exactly how I like it as a keeper. Maybe that will be my next move in the future?

outrun

I've never heard of a Super Trofeo edition. It may relate to the awful graphics on the car which were fitted by Maserati, believe it or not!

I'm never one to trash prices as you all know, but that price is not competitive compared to other Stradales on the market. This as an example:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...i-granturismo-4-7-mc-stradale-2dr/4511211?v=b

That car is beyond overpriced. Given the miles and the fact that Dicky just sold a perfect 5,000 mile car for less, that's not worth more than £62k or so. There's also another white one here that is better priced

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...dale&onesearchad=used,nearlynew,new&logcode=p

There's also the "other" of the 2 Super Trofeos (which you're right, is nonsense that doesn't exist) for sale for less than the Cat D car

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...cars&keywords=stradale&sort=default&logcode=p

Although the one to have is this one if you're after an early 2 seater car

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ew,new&sort=default&postcode=g775fj&logcode=p

Or this one if money is no object...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...cars&keywords=stradale&sort=default&logcode=p

I've been on the lookout for one in the mid-60s since that blue one came and went. Nothing has shown up.

I missed out on Dicky's one too. There is one out there for me somewhere....

Andyk

The 2nd one is the one I go for....I don't mind the graffics...plus its weel priced....Although it's a bit odd as it was first up for sale at 72k...then dropped to 69k....then dropped to 68k.....then went back up to 71k........and now back under 70k....Never understood that as if it didn't sell at 68k why put it back up. Looks a lovely car....

The black at Meridien has been for sale for ages and there is a reason for that.....To much money and when you look at Dicky's black one with low miles at 71k not sure how they will well that one at 80k.....They have not even dropped the price at all since it's been up....

One thing with the 2 seater Stradale is that it is a very slow seller on the used market.......Limited market for a car this big with 2 seats that is marketed as a track hero yet is still a GT just more focused.......Me I sooooooooo want one....The looks, the noise and the two seats just adds to the occasion.

FF1078

Isn't the black one at Meriden a 2013 4 seater?
It states 4 seats and 2 doors at the bottom.
Although black is boring that's the one I'd go for

outrun

The Meridien one is a late 2 seater from 2013. This is why they have the premium over the cars around £70k mark. Most of them are 2011 cars. The other reason is that it's Meridien!

I prefer the 2 seater as it's a little more aggressive which is what I believe a Strad should be.

Andyk

Isn't the black one at Meriden a 2013 4 seater?
It states 4 seats and 2 doors at the bottom.
Although black is boring that's the one I'd go for

Def a 2 seater ...... Late one or not it been a there for ages and the price has remained the same.

FF1078

Little bit misleading that whe the advert says 2 doors 4 seats on Autotrader.
I'm just hanging out for a good value 4 seater.
I know the 2 seater is more aggressive but 4 seats are nice to have

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but the two-seater has those sublime carbon-backed seats from the Enzo. What an occasion that car is!

outrun

Little bit misleading that whe the advert says 2 doors 4 seats on Autotrader.
I'm just hanging out for a good value 4 seater.
I know the 2 seater is more aggressive but 4 seats are nice to have

I only need one seat. The rest are just a bonus!

StuartW

A four seater for me but with the fronts swapped out for the early carbon versions - that would make me happy!

Andyk

Is the 2 seater more aggressive....in looks the 4 seater has the carbon bonnet with the air intake that to me makes it look more agressive....doesn't it have more bhp as well so should be quicker. The only part of the 2 seater that makes it feel more aggressive would be the stunning seats and harness....worse thing Maserati did to it was lose the seats as the ones now are just like the standard cars seats.

outrun

I don't like the carbon bonnet, especially when raw carbon fibre. It's just too Fast 'n' Furious for me. I don't think the bhp is changed but I could be wrong.

Agree on the seats 100%.

Andyk

Thought the two seater was 460 bhp, then they put that in the standard cars and I thought the Stradale 4 seater went up to 470...ok it's not much. I also don't like the bare carbon but painted it looks pretty good.