Cat D Stradale - Super Trofeo

conaero

Forum Owner
I think 30% for a cat D is a bit strong and I am not just saying that because my Alfa is one.

20% is a more realistic figure, 25-30% for a cat C.

My Alfa GT was a cat C and sold for £3,750 ~£500 under retail.

rockits

That 30% is more a yardstick the trade use. For a private punter I agree that your figures are about right. A well repaired & genuine CAT can make a lot of sense to a private punter to get a decent car at a cheaper price.

I think you did well with your Alfa GT but probably more because you had done such a good job on the car & it was better than many of the average non-CAT Alfa GT's in comparison.

As always each individual car condition is key to deciding on the value/figure. They will all be so different.

This GT with the wrong headlights on will affect it to most who know. Many may miss this or not worry about it. It always worries me & says a bit about the work done on a car when little things like this pop up. What else has been done wrong or to a lesser standard?

safrane

I don't think it's just an issue with the wrong parts...its the likelihood of used parts being used to fix it.

conaero

Forum Owner
From the pics, it look to have been done well, but you would need to stand in front of it to be sure.

£50k, its a steal and I recon you would get it for that if you pushed.

Take the graphics off, possibly paint the bonnet in time and source some lights, its not much of a list now is it.

You may even find that it got smashed on the track...doing what it was designed to do.

Also, you should be aware, VOSA centres are due to be gotten rid of so there will be no way to asses CAT C marker cars, so its not inconceivable that the CAT system will be dropped in time anyway.

Life's too short, you buy it cheap, you have your fun, you sell it cheap, whats the issue?

outrun

There's no issue provided it's well repaired and passes inspection. Price needs to start with a 4 (that could be £49999) to protect some value going forwards. All cars depreciate in the main so you can't worry about it too much. The headlights would drive me mad too but you can stick some well placed smoked plastic on there as Adam (I think) has done and get some clear lights as and when. Bonnet needs painting though. And the graphics off.

StuartW

From the pics, it look to have been done well, but you would need to stand in front of it to be sure.

£50k, its a steal and I recon you would get it for that if you pushed.

Take the graphics off, possibly paint the bonnet in time and source some lights, its not much of a list now is it.

You may even find that it got smashed on the track...doing what it was designed to do.

Also, you should be aware, VOSA centres are due to be gotten rid of so there will be no way to asses CAT C marker cars, so its not inconceivable that the CAT system will be dropped in time anyway.

Life's too short, you buy it cheap, you have your fun, you sell it cheap, whats the issue?

Absolutely agree, my AC was a cat car and I have no issues with them - you go in with your eyes open and with more money in your bank but have the same amount of fun

outrun

My first GS was Cat D as everyone knows. I'd do it again but I'd have to be certain.

foibles

so......here we are another 4 months later....and seems this car is still for sale? and it looks like the market's moving down around them.....

drewf

It's not a true 4 seater mate. It's a 2+2.

The beauty of all Maserati's for me from the Coupe to current models is that they are true 4 seaters than can carry 4 adults across continents in comfort and style. There is no way in say a 993 that you could do this. When I drove a mates Targa I struggled to even get into the thing with the drivers seat in its most rearward position. The 991 may be different and offer slightly more room but why do you think they build the Panamera as more of a GT car.

Phil, remind us which car you've taken on holiday, crossing the continent in style, with 2 adults and 2 kids?

conaero

Forum Owner
I know a forum member who offered a few grand below what they were asking and was told to shove it!

I would say the Strad market has gone up...mind you, all the same ones are for sale so they are not selling.

iainw

I know a forum member who offered a few grand below what they were asking and was told to shove it!

I would say the Strad market has gone up...mind you, all the same ones are for sale so they are not selling.

Guys - Is there any way you could get a child seat in the back of that or is it too tight?